Need help finding local crisis line

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Kaish, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

Can someone help me find my local crisis line? I recently moved to Las Vegas, Nevada and have not been able to find the local crisis line. Because of the distress I am in when I need it, I usually do not have the energy to find it - which is where I have been this past week. I have located a number that is supposedly for the entire state of Nevada called Crisis Call Center, but it only directs me to another number, which seems to be a different one each time. The last time I called, I was directed to a woman who was only interested in asking about my past mental health issues, which made me feel more hopeless. I know the suicide hotline operates this way too. I did find a number for the county I live in (Clark) but that number seems to not be in service anymore.

What I want is a crisis line that I can call on a regular basis - like I had where I use to live. I understand I will not be speaking to the same person, but I want to be able to feel that I am 'working' with a crisis line that will help me. I don't want to have to question or worry about reaching a number that might not be helpful. Is this asking for too much? Was I lucky with the past state I lived in where each county had a crisis line?

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya, sweetie. I found a link to Las Vegas crisis lines. I hope one of them can offer you the services you want. I'm not from there and know nothing about the services listed. Here's the link: http://www.innerquestsite.com/community_resources.htm

I know that some crisis lines offer the sort of thing you have in mind. The best idea is to call and talk to them about what they can offer you, if you can.

3. Kaish

Kaish Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm finding it so stressful with all the different support lines, but I guess I just need to give them all a call and see what I can figure out.

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Kaish, you are very welcome! I'm hoping that in spite of the stress, you'll find that just calling to see what they offer is empowering for you. Wishing you good luck with the calls :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.