Need help from anyone who has reported their abusers.

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by feathers, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

I'm writing a novel based on Dissociative Identity Disorder and I am considering having it end in a court case. If anyone has any experience in the area of pursuing legal action against a childhood abuser and what it involves, I would be very grateful to hear these experiences (if it isn't triggering for you to share them of course). If you can help me, please comment here or if you would rather keep it confidential you could PM me.

Thanks,
    Kaz x

2. deathangel101

deathangel101 Well-Known Member

my dad abused me what they do is arrest the perp then if he has money he could get out on bail but the court case is a very long process like a year long you have to go to the police station and do a police report then you have to talk to a lawyer and tell them what happened and then you have to go to court and testify against your abuser

hope this helps if you have any other questions please PM me

3. lav11

lav11 Well-Known Member

hey,

I only made my report last year to the police, at first i just went into the police station with my counsellor to make my statement, they had to set up a camera and room and everything so i had to go for a walk while they did all this. in total my walk went for about 2 hours. I made my statement on camera rather then in writting as i was and still am a minor. They begun investigating and alot of the people i knew were questioned. I was also in hospital alot of the time to if the detective needed to speak to me he would generally call into the hospital or my counsellors to make sure i could 'cope' with the news.. I was told a few months after the investigation started to expect not much to come from this investigationas at the time there was very little evidence... a year later aftr much conversations with the detective and what not i finally about 2 weeks ago got a call from the detective telling me that they would be pressing charges against him and it will most likely go to court..

if you want to know anything else feel free to PM me anytime :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.