Need Help Now

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by linuxwebdeveloper, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Need help now. Put myself on meds through psychiatrist for PTSD and anxiety. Mislabeled Bipolar symptoms due to depression and suicidal ideations from my physical health and finacial income being too low. But, all I ever have been depressed about is my finances and physical health that has been bad since birth (been in and out of the hospital for malnutrition due to a messed up digestive system since the age of 2, possibly caused from being a premie, and neuromuscular problems now making it worse). The main point: I feel I don't want to suffer, anymore, from my physical pain and health problems plus struggle anymore to keep up to normal weight and also better income (I have a degree I got while on disability, but no one hiring a disabled person). So, so tired of it all. This is my last reach out for help.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there

Well done on getting your degree, you must be very proud of yourself. That's a great achievement. I'm sorry to hear about your mental issues and physical. For future employment do they need to know you were on disability? even so they shouldn't be allowed to discriminate like that. Please keep talking to us here, there's also a chat room here full of people who are suffering like you, we might not always have great advice and know what to say but we will listen for sure.

~petal

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are a fighter for sure you got your degree through all the troubles you have faced. People do hire people with disabilities but like said if your area is not then do not let them know abt your disability Are you seeing a nutritionist to help you with your eating disorder

4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Disability services (vocational rehab) may be able to help you find employment, especially if you have a highly marketable skill like web development.

They can help you find an employer who might hire you, or help you to do free lance work.

5. To you and everyone else, here, Ty for your very gentle and kind responses. I am proud of myself fr the degree I obtained. The place to where I moved doesn't even have a voc rehab. It is too small of a country town. So, I tried Goodwill Industries, but they dropped the ball, as the saying goes. I guess just stay alive in this misery waiting around for maybe someday, there to be one tht opens up here, or lose my boyfriend by moving back to Florida (he doesn't want to move to Florida cus he likes it here from where he is a native). No matter what, I still receive a loss. Just so tired of more losses.

6. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Every US state must have voc. rehab. I think this is federal law. There may not be one in your town, but there should be multiple locations where you can get services.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.