NEED help or advise on bipolar

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by PhantomLyt, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhantomLyt

PhantomLyt New Member

Please

does anyone here have a good understanding of or can direct me to a site/someone who does have knowledge about bipolar.
    I believe I have symptoms which match manic depression; but my doctor is continuing to treat me for depression and anxiety.

I currently feel:
    -out of control yet in control ie not wanting to harm myself
    - cannot stop crying
    - i dont know how to feel anymore, i dont know who i am

what usually happens after i feel the above:
    - snap out of it as if nothing has happened
    - feel i need to do a million and one things
    -mind wont shut down

I am driving myself crazy, uni and work is suffering, my relationship with family is SUFFERING! I don't want to hurt my family anymore, I want them to be happy.
    I don't want to live like this anymore, I am driving myself crazy

please can anyone shed some light on the situation?

2. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

How often do you cycle through the two?

3. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

I know loads about Bipolar, and I can tell you that, honestly, I don't think (based on the symptoms you have described) that you have bipolar I or bipolar II. Those can all be symptoms of depression and anxiety.
    Bipolar I and II are more severe than that in the "up" (manic/hypomanic) phases.

In manic phases, you can sleep 30 minutes a night or none at all for days and days, hallucinate, talk really fast and nonstop about even personal things - like you lose your filter, spend tons of money (when you normally do not), think you can do absolutely anything, be really angry or euphoric (almost nonstop), flight of ideas, and other things as well. It has to last pretty much continuously for a week to be a manic phase as defined by the DSM-IV.

In hypomanic phases, it's like a milder mania. Usually there are no psychotic symptoms (like hallucinations), but you talk a lot more, sleep less (like 4hrs a night for days and days and not be tired), be very-goal oriented, more agitated or happy than normal (but not full blown rage or euphoria), and so on for at least 4 days.

4. Deonidas

Deonidas Member

Bi-polar also is generally very sever on the downswing as well. Hopelessness, Worthlessness, and a slew of other emotions my brain can't recall atm can and generally will last for just as long as manic episodes. One can go from unadulterated Rage to a Suicidal Depression within hours as well. I may be misinformed, but my swings are extremely Violent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.