• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Need help with addiction

Princess Tiffany

Formerly known as Lark
Hello everyone, I have an internet addiction. I've had obsessions with chat rooms and social media, among other things.
I'm worried that I'm developing an addiction to this site, specifically the chat feature. I can't really describe how I feel, but I don't want this to affect my life.
I don't really have much to say aside from this. What's a precaution I can take before my attachment gets worse?
Thank you.

So so tired

Hello Lark.
nice to meet you.*hiya

You will see how members use the forum to varying degrees depending on their needs at the time.
I know you are fairly new to the site so your addiction may settle down soon when you notice the most beneficial times for you to visit.
Everybody contributes to the community in different ways and i feel
that we all migrate to the company of like minded people that understand the problems we may be facing.

I really dont think you have a reason to worry and just know that the site will always have your best interests at heart and you will always be welcomed at any time.
I hope this helps *hug

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Admin
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hi Lark,

I've got a habit of becoming addicted to things myself. I find a new game and I can get lost in it for literal days. One things that helps me when I find I'm starting to spend too much time on something, maybe becoming addicted to it, is to set time limits. Set an actual timer on my phone and then log off or walk away when that time is up. I don't always succeed. Sometimes the timer goes off and I don't follow through, but it's giving myself that moment to choose. If I choose to ignore it, I set another timer.

I hope that you do find the support and what you need here.

Nick

Princess Tiffany

Formerly known as Lark
Imho, a true addiction is something that is interfering with your life or harmful in some way.

Do you know in what ways SF would be harmful?
That's exactly what my parents told me. They said it's more of a compulsion, not an addicton. SF isn't harmful in any way :)

Hi! I really understand. I also have an addiction to social networks. I delete Instagram at least once every six months, and I believe that I've got rid of addiction. But then I download it again and start monitoring the activity of the account, my popularity, the number of likes. It's horrible. I spend 6 hours in the app a day. There are always at least 5-6 hours in the phone reports. I'm wasting my day. I know it, but I can't stop. I'd rather play games, honestly. This is not even narcissism, but a mental problem... And I even read this article https://fherehab.com/resources/signs-of-addiction/ about the first signs of addiction once. I still got attached to Insta. It's the same with Twitter.

Daphna

Ninja of light
Hello everyone, I have an internet addiction. I've had obsessions with chat rooms and social media, among other things.
I'm worried that I'm developing an addiction to this site, specifically the chat feature. I can't really describe how I feel, but I don't want this to affect my life.
I don't really have much to say aside from this. What's a precaution I can take before my attachment gets worse?
Thank you.
Hello, addiction is a strong word. For me addiction means you’re enslaved by social media to the point that you cannot eat, sleep, or function without it. Is this The case? Or are you simply enjoying the attention and communication that these media’s offer?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00