Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in need of help.
I honestly don’t have any support system at home.
No friends and I don’t have anything to do with my mother as she is very toxic
I don’t know how to go on

Sorry that you're going through this.

Do you want to say more about what's going on?

Have you tried any treatments, or has anything helped?

Hugs

Hugs

Hugs
I don’t live with my mother
I’ve been married almost 25 years and in 2015 I found out husband seeing his high school sweetheart
We went to counseling and it happened 2 more times. The last time I know about was in. 2017
I basically have just muddled through it
Feeling worthless and very depressed

Sorry maisymae I'm just catching up on the other relies here. So are you still sharing a housewith your husband?
Yes
We are still living together
I filed for divorce in February-due to Covid court was scheduled in June but I postponed it due to the depression and trying to make rational decisions
Things would be easier if I had some support

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
I started counseling in June
I'm not sure it’s helping
Counselor is nice and at least I have about 45 minutes to talk to someone
It's good you're seeing a counsellor maisymae. And you've already made steps to dissolve your marriage. You're doing all the right things. It's normal that it hurts as bad as it does. You're not going insane or anything, you've just had a major upheaval in your life. It's bound to feel like hell. It's horrible that it feels like hell, but that is sadly the bitterness of life and things not working out the way we hoped. Did you love your husband very much? Are you very hurt by what he did?

Yes I am very hurt and don’t trust him
He doesn’t want a divorce
It’s been very difficult for me,
We got married too fast and didn’t know each other well
25 years is a long time and I have felt worthless for much of it
I don’t know if I can work things out with him nor do I know if I want to
The thoughts I have are pretty bad

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
Yes I am very hurt and don’t trust him
He doesn’t want a divorce
It’s been very difficult for me,
We got married too fast and didn’t know each other well
25 years is a long time and I have felt worthless for much of it
I don’t know if I can work things out with him nor do I know if I want to
The thoughts I have are pretty bad
it sounds like a really miserable situation to be in, miasymae. To be with with someone that long and to be so unhappy.
If you don't feel like you love him, or even know him, and he has cheated on you, do you think at this point there is anything left to salvage? it sounds like you have started to make moves already to set yourself free. Something inside is telling you to get out. I'm not for a second saying it isn't hard, and sometimes the transition period out of something can be the hardest place to be in. But picture yourself 5 years from now if you stay where you are now.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
I'll let the experts takeover. I wish you well, maisymae. Stay strong. It hurts like hell right now but you'll get through this. You're stronger than you think.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
Thank you so much for all your kind words 💜
You're more than welcome. I think you are in a difficult place and feeling some very painful emotions but it is possible to get through this. It just feels so awful right now. Sometimes we reach a level of hell we think we will never escape but it only feels that way. That does not define who we are. I think you you are doing all you can right now to move forward and that takes a lot of courage. You can always talk here about anything you need to.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hey @maisymae It's understandable to be hurt after your husband cheated. You'll always have a place here to share your thoughts and feelings. We're here for you. And we're glad to have you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00