Need help

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by 96GSX, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 96GSX

96GSX Member

I need help badly. My wife of 5 years left me earlier this week. And I've been trying to go on, I've went shopping for a new tv. That made me feel good for a minute until I saw one of her pictures on my computer. I'm in such pain because not only was she my wife but my best friend. So now I have no one to talk to. And I'm feeling more sad than you could ever imagine. And I'm not sure if I want to keep this up. I keep telling myself, maybe once I get a place on my own things will be better. But I have to wait until august, but even then I don't know if things will get better or not. I tried to commit suicide years ago, and when I was in the hospital I was told that I needed a support system. Someone I could tell my problems to, well what happens when your support system leaves? And she started dating someone a month ago and didnt tell me until last week. Any advice anyone has would be great because now my thoughts are getting worse and worse.

2. vbuk

vbuk Staff Alumni

Hey hunny, first of all im so sorry things are not going well for you hun. Breakups are hard and, although it doesnt seem so at the moment, can be gotten through. it just takes time.

You said that you went shopping for a TV, and it made you feel better which is brilliant. so you have seen that it can be ok, even for small periods of time. It may not seem like much but this sounds like a big step, your moving on.

Breakups will always hurt hun, especially when you lose someone so close to you, but believe me they can get better. i imagine you are feeling pretty alone atm. just know that your not. People here care and are here for you as much as you need that shoulder of support.

Please take care of yourself and post as much as you need to - im always here.

Love Clare x

3. 96GSX

96GSX Member

That first line scared me because she always called me hunny. :(

4. vbuk

vbuk Staff Alumni

im sorry, i didnt mean to scare you

5. 96GSX

96GSX Member

It's ok. I'm just trying to get thru this as best as possible and it sucks. And I keep telling myself to wait to do anything until I have my own place. Because I may get into my new place and love it.

6. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Right, as long as you can see that there is a future, with or without her. But keep coming back here and sharing.
    kD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.