Need help...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by supermodel, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

Okay I've been posting for the past 24 hours now and so far I'm still here. My daughter is back from a sleepover so its impossible for me to do anything to myself tonight. So my question is, if I go see a therapist and tell them about my feelings, will they put me away? Even for 24 hours for observation..I dont know. forgive me if this sounds like a very dumb question.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

No one called anyone when I have told therapists about feeling suicidal. I guess it all depends on the person and how much they think you might actually be a harm to yourself.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I told my therapist many times when I was suicidal and she never made me go in. She asked if I needed to and i said no. She respected that. If you were to say I am going to suicide tonight and this is my plan then she probably would have to do what was necessary to keep you safe. They are used to people and their feelings. I think it would be a very good thing for you to do. At least it gives you another option and a way to possibly find other reasons to live. At this point exactly what have you got to lose?

4. I don't think they will just ship you away. They will see that you had the strength to seek help, And will help you. Stay strong tonight, try to relax and play with your daughter to get your mind off of it.

BG

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

What you can do to influence there decision is to write out a suicide note. Explain how you are teetering on death or suicide. If you write a note and give it to them, then they will take it serious. I am glad that you are aware of the fact that you need help. I have been in ten times trying to get a handle on my meds. It isn't that bad. you usually have one or two clients that are major wacked out. The floor tech's usually have them under good suveilance.
    I don't know, I am having a hard time thinking straight. Do you already have a therapist? They are usually pretty good at knowing when someone is ready to commit.
    I saw on the news that a client hung another one with a bed sheet hanging over a door. That kind of makes me leery about going back in. I personally am not afraid because I am 6'3" tall and weigh 316 lbs. Plus I am a former Marine.One motto the Marines have is fear is not an option. I usually keep to myself when I am in there. I just don't trust anyone, and I usually just read to pass the time...:chopper:

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

it really depends on your therapist. the good thing is, if you tell they can put other supports on place for you. that's what happened for me. i was assigned a community mental health nurse. she visited me at home when i was at my most desperate. as i started to feel better our visits tapered off.

be as honest as you can. you won't get better without telling the truth.

c.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.