Need help

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Chernarus, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

well i cut my self and it needs stiches it about a fourth of an inch to roughly half an inch wide will it heal with out stiches it doesn't bleed anymore.

2. netsirk

netsirk Active Member

I'm sorry to hear thta you have cut yourself so badly. I understand that fear of do I or don't I need stiches. How long ago did you cut? Did you clean it up and out really good as to ward off infection? Do you have first aid supplies at home or where you are at? If you do and you are able to get it clean, put antibaterial first aid cream on it and if you have butterfly band aids use them or cover it up really well and keep it clean. If you have any concern about it being too deep or if you can not get it to stop bleeding or if it starts to bleed again then you may need to visit a doctor. Depending on the location of the cut plays a part also. If it is near a joint they may not be able to stich it anyways. If it is an area that is close to a vital area you may need to have a doctor check it out just to be safe and to make sure you haven't cut a nerve and done nerve damage. I hope this helps.

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

It'll heal without stiches. It'll just take longer and scar worse. Um, just make sure that you don't lose feeling or anything in your arm/hand/leg/foot/wherever. And keep it bandaged and clean. Butterfly strips are really good for stuff like that. Be smart about it, if it gets infected or you start losing feeling anywhere, go to the hospital.

4. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

if i didnt really feel it could that be nerve damage cuz i dont feel it. i still have feelingg in my arm i cut my shoulder. but i dont feel the cut it doesnt sting or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.