Need help. :(

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Jehuty, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jehuty

Jehuty Senior Member

There's something I want to do in my life and I want it now more then ever.
    The problem are my parents, they are really against it, I can understand it at their part but still.

I want to join the army as a guard with a dog.
    Almost my whole life I wanted to join but always my parents where the reason for me to not join.
    But with my current job (which I really love) there is no challange.
    Each day is the same, same time, same work, same people ect..
    I can't stand it anymore, it's making me badly depressed even though no one can see it.

Yesterday we went to a open day at an air base, with airshows and stuff.
    As weird as it might sound, I fell more home at the army base then at my own home.

I don't know what to do.
    My parents support is really inportant but if I tell them I will join they might turn against me and then I'm all on my own.
    How should I tell my mother without breaking her?

Serious, I don't know how much longer I can keep up in this "normal life" where each day is the same, I need action, I need motivation.

I need help.. :(

2. SaidDave

SaidDave Banned Member

If you know being in the army will make you happy then you should join. They can't be mad at you for too long about it.

3. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

dave is right. dont live a life of misery.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your parents are just worried for your safety it is a dangerous job If it is what you truly desire than go for it they will still love you no matter what.

5. Jehuty

Jehuty Senior Member

I made an appointment at 21 July this year.
    There I will get more information and will be able to apply for the job.
    So yeah, now I have to tell my parents, I will tell later tonight.

Also this Monday I'll sigh up for fitness school 3 times a week.
    You need a really good condition for guard so I might aswell go prepared.
    Besides, I wanted to lose some extra weight anyway.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Jehuty. If joining the army is what you really want to do, then by all means you should join and explain to your parents that it's really your decision to make. I personally like the safe, mundane existence of my daily life. At least I know that when I go to teach, I'll make it home in one piece. Those poor soldiers over in Afghanistan are getting killed by IED's planted by the Taliban. It's just so awful. :(

7. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Just say a prayer and ask for guidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.