Need quick advice phone us running out

Discussion in 'Opinions, Beliefs, & Points of View' started by Kmun, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kmun

    Kmun Active Member

    Just Antagonised my ex who I live with as he got jealous, he said some awful things so I hit/ slapped him whilst we're laying in bed. I couldn't control myself :( it took about 30 more minutes of antagonizing fir him to snap and he pulled me by my hair and then held my throat with o e hand. I'm not frightened of dying so layer there Hopi g he'd finish. Obv he didn't and then went to housemate across the hall and lied about the whole thing. Told ne I dud it to myself and I'm making things up. It hurts a bit, which I dont mind but can j prove he did it?! I just want to prove it tomorrow if I need to? He said he's clever enough to know how to hurt someone without leaving a mark.

    I honestly don't care he did it, it was wring for me to hit him to begin with but like I just said to a friend on the phone just now, I wanted it. I wanted him to finish it. I've never felt so much peace.
  2. aoeu

    aoeu Well-Known Member

    If you talk to the police they will definitely not dismiss your story, and probably can tell the difference between a man's and a woman's strangling marks. In any case, it's time to break up, you don't need proof to do that.
  3. Juliaa

    Juliaa Well-Known Member

    Get out of there, or get him out of there. You should not be living together.
    Report it to the police.
  4. Lovecraft

    Lovecraft Well-Known Member

    I don't think you should go to the police at all, I think you should see a doctor about how you're feeling.

    If you go to the police it'll end up with a long drawn out process of investigation and the courts in which he'd probably get a slap on the wrist and you may as well - he did assault you but you assaulted first and antagonized him. The whole process would be draining, costly and probably leave you worse off.

    If you try to see a doctor and find a way to live elsewhere you can put it behind you and start again; there are probably some sort of community groups that can help you with that if you need it and hopefully there's also some sort of counseling or other mental health services you can afford or get for free where you are.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.