Need quick help¨!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Hurted, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I need free antivirus which work very good!
    I have computer full of viruses since i download stupid game... And my NOD32 just cant clean it well!
    Help me please!
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

AVG is a good bit of anti-virus software.

Works well on a clean machine but not too sure about installing it on a machine that's already virused. Maybe an on-line scan would be better? There are good ones but I can't think of one at the moment.
  3. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

No anti-virus software is certain to find all the trojan horses that you, most likely, also got; quite the contrary, in fact. The only good suggestion is to save to CD or DVD the files that are the least likely to have viruses or trojans, like picture files, videos, documents and similarly passive files and skip keeping program files (*.exe files, for instance), and do a full format and reinstall Windows. If you have several different partitions, you need to format the partitions that do not hold Windows, first, though. Windows is usually located in the C: partition. I can't say for sure that this is a safe way to get away from them, though, but it should be fairly safe... if you are concerned with this happening again, you should install a user friendly version of Linux, instead, but don't expect to have many games to play, if you do this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  4. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thank you both!:)
  5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with viruses and so forth surviving a reformat and reinstall of Windows. I tend to agree that's usually the best option if you're sure you have viruses. The antivirus stuff doesn't work that well and is a pain in the ass.
  6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. My computer is clean now:)
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I use Norton 360, its a bestseller , although Avira is thought to be the best in the world, Ariva also gives you a free trial:biggrin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2008
  8. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for infos:hug:
  9. Sylar

Sylar Well-Known Member

hey check out kaspersky ! I use it for almost two years and it detects anything malcious !!
    I feel really secure using it , tho it's not free , and free AV programs tend to be useless for the fact that they're free !

you still can get kaspersky for free but you're gonna have to PM me about that if you want to
  10. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Norton is bloatware. :/ Completely slows down your computer, too. I'd strongly recommend against using it. Maybe it's changed since last I heard, but it just kept getting crappier and crappier, before... McAfee is probably a better choice...
  11. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

if its at least a little popular you can probably download the full version on torrents like I got a few programs already this way .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.