Need Relationship Advice on Age Issue & Past

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by yous, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yous

yous Well-Known Member

Just met this guy. He doesn't know I'm 10 years older than him and never been in a relationship.
    He seems interested in me as I am of him.
    We met once, but I feel uncomfortable in not telling him about being older and inexperienced.

Should I tell him before I meet him again, so he can just end the relationship if he feels that I'm not for him, or should we see each other more and see if we're compatible then tell him?
  2. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Your inexperience in a relationship isn't important, and tbh don't think about that, it'll only get in your way. Everyone is inexperienced in their relationships, no matter how many they have had previous. Everyone relationship is unique, so even if he's had 100, he is just as inexperienced in this relationship as you are :)
    The only reason I mention it is if you let on that this is an issue to you, you're sorta saying he's the boss in some sense, or giving an opportunity for that. It's just a call I wouldn't make to open up about too much, or to fall on when things are tough.
    As far as the age thing goes? Er 10 years is sort a gap. I do think somehow you should let him know, but I wouldn't know how to go about doing that. Making it a deal can put strain on how much he thinks about you, but inturn not telling now and letting him find out when he's invested alot into you can be equally if not more stressful.

Idk hopefully somoene can give you some simple light hearted ways of getting it across to him.
  3. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

Well you have to tell him your age. what if it became a serious relationship and it came out you had lied about it? If he really likes you he won't mind about that. The other? I don't think there's anything wrong with not having been in a relationship before. Sometimes its the other way round where people wonder if they should tell their partner how many went before them.....
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.