Need some advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Shock, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

My GF and I have been together for over 4 years. She knows I suffer depression but doesnt know how bad it is (or anything about the attempts or me being in hospital). Lately shes been saying that shes been carrying the relationship and that I dont do anything exciting. This is true in some ways. I dont really like doing anything primarily because of my depression. I find it very hard to organise anything or to even get up in the morning sometimes. Whenever we do do something like go to the beach I get really agitated and hate every moment of it. I only ever do it for her.

This issue has become so large that I am considering ending it. With this disease I simply do not have the energy to properly maintain a relationship and to devote the right amount of time towards it. What do you guys think?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Before you end it... I would suggest getting relationship counselling, so that she could maybe get a better understanding of what is going on. Or even take her along to the psych (if you have one) or doctor.. and get the doctor to explain how depression affects a person and what she could do to help. Don't give up on it yet. In the past I have had the same problems as you, but I got through it. When I wasn't depressed and my boyfriend was it did upset me but because I am prone to depression outbursts too I could understand and knew how to help.