need some advice

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jvan18988, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvan18988

jvan18988 New Member

hey, it seems kind of weird to me to put down personal stuff on the internet but i am at the point to where i dont know what to do. i moved to a new town, only 2 hours from my old town. this new place is ok, but all there is to do here is drink. i used to drink a lot and quit because it put me in a really bad state of mind. i go to my old town a lot to see my old friends but i will be honest, its kind of sad. they do the same thing everyday (drink and smoke pot) and they have no ambitions to become better people. while being in this new town, i have spent a lot of time alone and have pretty much looked in the mirror and hated what i saw. i used to have a lot of good friends that i would push away and dont talk to anymore. i am scared to death to get close to people because i have met enough bad people in my life to get screwed over enough to be afraid of showing any sign of emotion towards someone. the people that i do realize i really miss have long since been out of my life because i pushed them away. i dont know, i just feel like i got kicked off the horse again and i dont want to get back on anymore. if someone has some advice to help me fix some of this stuff, or something that would get me on the right track, i would really appreciate it. thanks.

-jason

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi jason, welcome. i responded to your other thread, so i won't repeat, except to say sorry to read you are feeling so down and alone. hang in there.
    catherine

3. Perishable

Perishable Well-Known Member

Well, do your friends have anything to be motivated towards.
    I'm having the same problems. why progress when no one cares.

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Do you work? Are you apart of a club? These are often good ways to meet people. I can understand your cautious nature. It sounds like you've been unlucky when meeting people but there are good people out there, and people who can become genuine friends to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.