Need some advice

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Keno, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keno

Keno Member

I cut my arm pretty bad, I fixed it up a bit because I know First Aid, but this one was bad, it went right through the skin and probably wont heal without stitches.
    Because of the way I bandaged it, it covers my other cuts, since it was so bad I showed my parents and told them it was a accident trying to fix wiring, I peeled it back enough to only show them this wound but now they want to go to hospital or atleast get it cleaned out and redo the bandage but then they will see the other cuts and know what i'm doing.
    They won't leave me alone about it and I have no idea what to do, I really don't want them to find out.

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

It sounds like a pretty bad cut... if it went through your skin you really need to get it seen to. What's the worst that could happen if they find out?

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Agreed; I realize you don't want them to find out, but it sounds like you really need to get it looked at.

4. Keno

Keno Member

The world might implode :(. I guess you're right though, I'll see if I have the courage tommorow.
    Thanks both of you.

5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

They might be a bit upset / confused to why you do it at first, but it's better than your arm being infected.
    Maybe they will even help get you the support you need to get through your depression. :hug:

6. Keno

Keno Member

Managed to get it fixed without anyone finding out, just nowhere near ready for anyone to know, also most likely my parents reaction would be anger and dissapointment.

7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

You said it probably won't heal without stitches. Have you stitched up the wound? if not then you should probably go to the doctors/hospital.

8. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got it checked out to be safe. But just to say, most cuts will heal -- even the really deep ones that require stitches. The only difference is the scar will be much longer and purple for longer. I've never gone in for stitches and I often cut below the dermal layer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.