Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Confuzzled, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confuzzled

Confuzzled Active Member

I've been recovering from anorexia for 1 and a half years now. I've had my ups and downs but now I seem to be on track.

But, I've reached the stage where I don't want my face to get any bigger. It was always my face that I had the big issue with, and now I just want it to stop being changed against my will.

I'm happy to carry on recovering (it makes my parents happy and it means less meetings for me) but I'd just like to reshape my face again. But also carry on eating as I am, you know?

The other day, the psychiatrist said exercise is a good way to combat depression, and I've not been doing any for ages now (not wanting to loose any weight). I agree with him, and think I'd feel better about myself if I exercise just a bit, so that I feel that I've earned my rest so to speak.

My question is: is it okay to want to make my face slightly thinner? If so, what things to you suggest? Are there any facial exercises that I could be doing?

2. Confuzzled

Confuzzled Active Member

Please, I really need some advise. I think it's for the best, I've started doing what I think are facial exercises, and I'm also eating all my meals like I was.
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

There are yoga exercises just for the face, have a look in the library bound to have something on it.
  4. slim_to_none

slim_to_none Well-Known Member

i dont know what advice to offer.
    congrats on recovery though.
    its so hard. and it sounds like you're doing well.
    i dont know about face shapes though.
    hopefully yours wont change any with recovery.
    when i went through weight gain a while ago,
    the weight i gained in my face was really only in my cheeks.

i dont think there are exercises for the face.
    though i dont know.
    keep up the work though. its great that you're recovering.
    its so hard. i admire you!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.