Need some help and advise

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Rossb, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rossb

Rossb Member

I got hooked on coke at 16 while just going out with freinds and it slowly developed into a major problem am now 23 depressed I have made my full family fall out with me I lost my job I owe drug dealers lots that they won't wait for much longer I owe nearly every one of my family members lots of money my girlfreind I owe her alot loan company's aswell I feel like my world is falling around me I always put bets on cause I know it might sound stupid but if I won even 5 thousand my whole life would be changed and I could forget I ever took that s*** I feel like if this continues I'm going to do something stupid. I take coke and spend and borrow thousands when I'm stressed and depressed and I get stressed and deppresed when all this money troubles comes down on top of me it's a never ending cycle that sometimes seems to look like there is only one way out....Thanks for taking your time to read my story

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Rossb there is another way out to get yourself into treatment ok and stop the cycle Get yourself somewhere safe where drug dealers cannot get a hold of you call police even let then know what you is happening and maybe they do can get you some help to get off the stuff your doctor is the best on to talk to about getting into a treatment plan worry abt the debts after you are stable ok get yourself well first

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Placing bets/ gambling is not going to help- until the underlying issue is dealt with you could win a million and in a year be in the exact same situation. Get yourself into a rehab or effective therapy program to deal with the addiction issue, and use the police to help with the other issues. So far as family and friends- as soon as you kick the addiction and stop asking for money they will have a reason to talk to you again. Then take some of the money you are wasting on the addiction and gambling now and start repaying the friends and family that you owe. Move from the area if you need be and using the police correctly to help with the other issues will work- but the police will not help or care at all so long as you are still addicted because they know it is a waste of time since they would just be dealing with anther person every month if you are still addicted. Also, they are not in the habit of providing protection for somebody to pursue illegal activities - which is what is happening until that end of it ceases.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Ross and welcome :)

You are 23, certainly young enough to have your life changed around (not insinuating that because you are young they are not real issues). Have you tried getting a job? Getting a social worker would be idea. Gambling will further escalate the issues you are having and you will feel down even more, it's not a winners game.

I hope you are feeling a bit better today ross, keep talking to us here :hugs:

5. Rossb

Rossb Member

Thanks for the advise but I can't phone the police and leave. See the funny thing is that I could stop taking coke if I was compleatly debt free but the stress of oweing everyyy one money is so stressful and it would take me sooo long to pay everything off I think fuck it and just use more I just feel soo trapped some days I wake up and am not upset or anything then I will go threw a stage of mayby a week of somthing where I hate my self and everyone and just hate my life but am a nice guy am not a bad person I just got mixed up with the wrong stuff

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Why not check yourself into rehab? I am sure it might help you.
    Sometimes good people do just get mixed up in the wrong crowd of ''friends''. But there's a way out other than suicide. Is rehab an option? Getting a job to pay off debts?

7. Rossb

Rossb Member

I understand but u have a job but it's that low pay I have a roof and food but nothing else I have dug my grave so I shall lie in it.... that's only fair

8. Rossb

Rossb Member

Is there anyone from scotland on here?? It's upsetting how many great and amazing people are on her that just can't shake this horrible feeling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.