Need some help deciding what to do...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Legacy, Jan 20, 2013.

  1. Legacy

    Legacy Member

    Well as some of you may know, i have been with my boyfriend for just over a year and we have a 2 month old son together. We've had a lot of problems from the beginning and our last break up was 8 months ago. We decided to try and make things work for our son but both of us are extremely unhappy right now. Although i love him more than anything (except my son of course), i have been toying with the idea of asking him to stay with his family for a few days. I think we need some space apart to calm down and reevaluate things. But i am also worried that those few days may result in either me or him deciding that we should end it. I'm not entirely sure what to do and would like to know what some of you think.

  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    Hi hun it is hard decision to make but i f you are not happy hun then perhaps some space apart will allow some time for clarity of thought. I know you want best for your son hun maybe that is living apart for awhile so you and your son can have some time that is peaceful not stressful Have you and your bf considered counseling together couple counseling it can help hun bring focus back on family on healing together as a family
  3. Petal

    Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

    Very hard decision to make, but if ye both are unhappy perhaps it is time to have a break to think about things. In situations such as these (as I would tell my friends in real life too) is to trust your instincts. I know you only want the best for your son, but as was already said maybe that is living apart for a while. If ye are arguing etc.. that would have a negative impact on your son. I said, go with what your instincts are telling you. Wish you the best of luck.