Need some help, want to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed.

Not sure if this is in the correct thread.

I feel really uncomfortable being outdoors, when I'm just going into town and stuff and doing normal things.

It's really hard to explain the feeling, I just don't feel comfortable, I feel really unconfident and nervous.

I haven't really been out much in the last 6 months, and if I have it's either been walking to the shop and straight back, or going out in the evening/night/morning (like 3 times in 6 months) to a small dark bar that plays really loud music that I like and even then I've been very drunk and with at least 1 person I know.

It's spring now, and there is no need for me to walk around in a massive jacket with my hood up, so I can't really hide from the world anymore, and walking around in just a lightweight jacket/top thing makes me feel really vulnerable.

I've not always been like this I remember I used to be fine when I was a bit younger.

I just went out to go to a local corner shop for some food and I immediately bought cigarettes just so I had something in my blood stream so I could go the extra length to buy beer, then semi-ran home and started drinking, now I feel a bit silly. (I'm not even a smoker, I do drink too much though.)

How can I fix this?

I guess it is a confidence issue, but how do I get it back?

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I think it is an anxiety issue as well You can go to your doctor who may give some medication to you to decrease that feeling of anxiety or refer you to therapy to help you with out meds It can be fixed though so talk to your doctor okay hugs:hugtackles:

Ed.

I think it is an anxiety issue as well You can go to your doctor who may give some medication to you to decrease that feeling of anxiety or refer you to therapy to help you with out meds It can be fixed though so talk to your doctor okay hugs:hugtackles:
thanks for reply

hmm i really dont want to take medication though, well no i lie, really i just want to pour drugs down my throat and be happy as fuck, but i see this option like air freshener, it will mask over the bad smell but not get rid of it.

Does this really have to be like a doctor issue though? I guess some talking would help to a cousellor or something, do I go to the doctors for that? can I solve this without medical help?

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
you do not have to medication no therapy does work med do not mask a problem though they just correct an imbalance of chemicals just like insulin does for diabetic The meds actually brought me back to who i was before i got so anixious. YOur choice though i chose both therapy and meds figured why not get help both ways that way when a problem comes into play have coping skills learned through therapy to help me through hugs

Ed.

you do not have to medication no therapy does work med do not mask a problem though they just correct an imbalance of chemicals just like insulin does for diabetic The meds actually brought me back to who i was before i got so anixious. YOur choice though i chose both therapy and meds figured why not get help both ways that way when a problem comes into play have coping skills learned through therapy to help me through hugs

hmmm that is interesting, i didnt actually look at medication in that way. I guess it could help me with a sort of boost.

I was really actually looking for ways of helping myself, little tips heh

But say i wanted this help, how would I go about getting it? where do i start?

oval

id say you should look up some therapists in your area and start calling around to see if they will take another patient and make an appointment.
they can perscribe you medication.
hope itll help you

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
lst place is to go to your regular doctor they will have references to good therapist in the area and only your gp can order meds so he or she would be the one to ask about anxiety medication hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00