Need some help...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by insainliamazing, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insainliamazing

insainliamazing New Member

never thought i'd end up feeling so bad i'd resort to having to ask strangers on the net for help, but here we go. hopefully it works
    I'm a 16 year old girl and I feel really, really, unbelievably down. I think about suicide everyday because I dont think I have any future here. I'm ugly, I have only 2 or 3 friends, I no longer go to mainstream school and i'm feeling so desperate right now :sad:. Is there anything at all i can do to make myself feel better? I'm all out of ideas. Tried everything. I tried taking my mind off of it & focusing on the good things in my life but its hard to find any since i'm pretty much a screw up. I know this probably makes me sound completely pathetic but the only way I can see my life getting any better is if I have plastic surgery to change my face since I truly believe that's the reason my life is so crappy. You have to be 18 to get cosmetic surgery though so i guess that's out of the question and I don't think I can live another 2 years with a face like this -.-
    so... help? What do I do? There's nobody I can talk to and i've never felt this desperate before =/
  2. Perishable

Perishable Well-Known Member

I have figured out that Acceptance is key.
    I'm 17... and feeling 'ugly' is something more descibed as a feeling more than a look.

Why would you want to look like a cheerleader,hustler girl, hooters maid, playmate, etc... Looks are to attract a mate mainly to get fucked.

Perhaps you're smart and want a stronge compassionate companionship. Love.
    Somebody who loves you and who you love back.
    If this Is the case, I want you to just relax.

I know it seems like a complicated task to do...
    Do not compare yourself to others.
    I know you feel incompetent. Like you don't want anyone to look at you.
    The best advice I can give you, is do things that you feel make you look good. Some one can tell you that you look great, as you may feel flattered, you most likely do not believe them because you feel otherwise.

Feel good. Do your hair, wash your face, brush your teeth, put on lotion, parfume, wear clothing that suites you, look put together,...
    (i'm not saying you do not do these things, just be apt.)

If you feel ugly, you walk in shame.
    If you feel good, you walk tall...This shows confidence,... it shows acceptance.
    Which if done the correct way is a beautiful thing.

If none of this helps and you feel extremely repulsive to people.
    Wait until your 18, save money, get what you want to make yourself happy.
    I do not recommend this. I think a soul has it's own face and ugly-ness is associated with personality.

Please take this post into consideration.
  3. zoebaby

zoebaby Well-Known Member

Hi hun, Im sorry to hear that you are feeling bad. You asked if there is something that you can do to feel better, well there are a few things, im feeling a little down today too, I might just do some of these things too. :smile: I would say take a walk, maybe? Exercise is supposed to be like 94% effective, that is a statistic I got on another website. Write some of your feelings in a journal, Take a bubble bath, put on some makeup.... Have you ever tried antidepressants? They really do work, for me at least, it takes a couple of weeks for results but it is worth it. :smile: Dont put yourself down, looks really arent everything, I have some really nice friends, and they aren't exeptionally beautiful, but on the inside they are priceless, and I am not beautiful but I like to think that I have a caring heart and I am a caring person, you probably are too and that means a lot! I hope your day get's better, hang in there :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.