Need some helpi

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Stormhand, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

I need some help understanding something, some time ago I was seeing someone who was abused by her husband 6 years ago. I was trying to en,ourage her to talk to someone to vent out, but she refused, she felt if she did it would mark her or something, she would not even tell me any details. Bellow all of that hate and shame I saw such a good person in her, she was my fallen angel, I just cpuld not stay with her in her nights she was almost u.social, she was at the bottom of a well and I could do nothing to pull her out, its as if she did not want out ot feel she was worthy of being pulled out.
    i just wish to know why does one turn out like this? Even when she sees and knows thete are those that will help.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

she has been brainwashed into thinking she is not worth the fight she is afraid of her husband and the outcome if she did leave The only thing you can do is talk to her get her to go to a womens shelter where she will be kept safe and given tools to build her self esteem back up again. Just be a friend if you notice abuse call the cops on him let the authorities deal with him okay

3. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

Oh she is away from him, its just her and her son, and on that note I dont think zs he should be raisinga kid if she smokea weed around him, she claims its the only thing that makes the pain go away.

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Because we have been taught that we are not worth saving. And the fear that even when we are away from the abuser, somehow, they will be able to get to us, can silence a huge amount of pain and suffering. Even with professional help the fear and pain never seem to be too far out of mind. It takes a lot of professional help and soul searching to mend from abuse. She needs plenty of time and understanding to be able to trust in herself once again. If you havent experienced it you will find it hard to understand where she is coming from and why she acts the way she does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.