need some positive reassurance (eating disorder tw)

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by undercoverlover, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

going to a picnic with a bunch of people from school. ive just recently relapsed and my bulimia is worse than ever, at this point im avoiding eating just so i dont purge... which feels counterproductive lol. does anyone have any advice? some reassurance? It would be very much appreciated, im really stressing out. I haven't even taken my meds yet because i have to eat with them

2. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

I know it's hard. I suffered off and on for 22 years. If you want and if it will help, I'm always here. Can you try a little something and take your meds and just distract yourself? Is there anything you enjoy doing that may help with distraction?

3. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

thank you i might try and get something to eat with my meds once my dad leaves. as for distraction, im not sure. i have so very little energy right now, but i have been watching youtube videos so maybe that will be distraction enough

brknsilence likes this.
  4. brknsilence

Know I'm here of it helps with distraction. Do you like playing games? I been playing some to help distract me on some things. Not just from food but bad thoughts.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What I do in those social events is just to hang back and chatter mingle at different points of the tables people do overlook what other people have ate or not. They are focused on their own plate no one pays close attention to what other is doing if you feel you will relapse and have to eat what about just one trip for what plate you have...tiny serving of what you want and sample it bit at a time slowly.

6. brknsilence

I know it's hard but try doing a little at a time. The words some others say is "eat when hungry and stop when full" i try to tell myself this - sometimes helps. Or looking at food as medicine. My main issue with ED was the anorexia. Had some bulimic behaviors. I know food is so hard because we need it daily. Hugs Just one step at a time. One moment at a time. Know I'm always here. Hugs we'll get through this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.