Need some support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your imput fallenangel. I am glad that you have found what you are able to do. Although not all people are able to do what you recommended. I think we have to be careful that we do not suggest a forumula for how people can essentually snap out of it. That advice we can get irl from anyone. And often it sends us into silence.
Hey flowers,

My apologies if I came upon strong as to suggesting a formula for people to snap out of depression...
I know each and everyone of us are undergoing different circumstances, and it's very hard for all of us to do so...
I do agree that healing takes time... But as long as we don't give up, as long as we don't lose hope... We are on the right track!!

To all whom might be suffering from this darkness, try not to keep everything to yourselves...
You might think that you are all alone without friends... And that is perhaps even the reason why we cry out for help on support forums... It's okay and normal to seek help when we are desperate.

But I really want to say that these negative thoughts and emotions are lies... And in a way, the voice in our head and the negative beliefs aren't real.
It is when we are alone and overwhelmed with these emotions that the devil has gotten a foothold of us, and we should not submit.

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: Religious Content>

Last edited by a moderator:

flowers

Dear friends,

I want to encourage us all to be brave and step out of depression as it is a really sad place to be if we dwell in it long enough...

We must be courageous to identify that living in self-pity is a lie, and we really have to toughen up to move on.
The idle mind is the Devil's play ground, and why subject ourselves to torment emotionally...

Think positive thoughts and keep yourself occupied with positive stuffs...
Step out of bed and head out in the morning and look at how beautiful the world is...
Uplift yourself with happy thoughts and do things which facilitate that

Keeping yourself physically active is a good start.. A 30 minutes walk through a park in the day is uplifting...
fallenangel, I do appreciate that you have found what you are able to do. Although not all people are able to do what you recommended. I think maybe its important to be careful that we do not suggest a forumula for how people can essentually snap out of it or pull it together. Often that is advice people get irl from well meaning others. And it causes them to feel more isolated alone and unheard than before. Wishing you best

morning rush

Hey flowers,

My apologies if I came upon strong as to suggesting a formula for people to snap out of depression...
I know each and everyone of us are undergoing different circumstances, and it's very hard for all of us to do so...
I do agree that healing takes time... But as long as we don't give up, as long as we don't lose hope... We are on the right track!!

To all whom might be suffering from this darkness, try not to keep everything to yourselves...
You might think that you are all alone without friends... And that is perhaps even the reason why we cry out for help on support forums... It's okay and normal to seek help when we are desperate.

But I really want to say that these negative thoughts and emotions are lies... And in a way, the voice in our head and the negative beliefs aren't real.
It is when we are alone and overwhelmed with these emotions that the devil has gotten a foothold of us, and we should not submit.

"Romans 14:7
New International Version (NIV)
7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone."

Rather, amongst the loneliness... Within the stillness of time and space, perhaps when we are so afraid and feel so alone, let us cry out a little prayer to God. Some of us may be atheist, but what's the harm in doing so uttering a simple sentence like, "God if you are real, have mercy on me and unreal yourself? Show me the way."

For it is that little faith in us that will take us beyond these pain and emotional struggles...

Luke 17:6
"6 He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you."

Matthew 17:20
"20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

I believe we all have a purpose why we even exist... And sometimes, we are placed through journeys like these, such that we become living testimonies who could share and uplift the next generation and generations after..

And though circumstances and odds are against us, know that help is always available...
From an earthly aspect, seek government bodies, medical institutions, emotional support groups...
From a spiritual aspect, I personally believe that there's a God above us all whom is omnipresent, knowing the past, present and future - that he will not out us through anything we cannot handle, and that he wants us to tap on his strength in moments of our weakness..

Hang in there all!!!
I disagree with a lot of what you say...thoughts are not lie, they are the beliefs we have, they might not be good for s but they are what we really think and aren't lies. Emotions are not lies either, often we do like you said, not listen to our emotions, feelings and we end up paying for it.

the devil does not exist, he's just a scapegoat people invented in order to remove responsibilities they have...I don't think it's a good idea to preach in this place, for some are vulnerable to nonesense like that...don't get me wrong I believe in god, but this has nothing to do with it...depression is a sickness of the brain...and all those scriptures written by authors of the day does nothing to help depression and mental illness...

I disagree with a lot of what you say...thoughts are not lie, they are the beliefs we have, they might not be good for s but they are what we really think and aren't lies. Emotions are not lies either, often we do like you said, not listen to our emotions, feelings and we end up paying for it.

the devil does not exist, he's just a scapegoat people invented in order to remove responsibilities they have...I don't think it's a good idea to preach in this place, for some are vulnerable to nonesense like that...don't get me wrong I believe in god, but this has nothing to do with it...depression is a sickness of the brain...and all those scriptures written by authors of the day does nothing to help depression and mental illness...
Dear morning rush,

My apologies for the disagreement. It's just that sometimes, when I try to logically think of how things have been, it is almost impossible that I could step out of depression.
In a way, the mind is the most valuable asset that we have. And when it is compromised, that is when we become dysfunctional.
Yes indeed depression is a sickness of the brain... And initially I was resistant to even visiting the doctors to get any medications. I thought I had everything in control in my own life, and one thing lead to another when I decided to close my door upon the world. I live with me, myself and I. And much often, I find myself struggling.
I wasn't even actively soul searching for a God... and at my lowest point in time, things doesn't make any sense at all.. I explored methods, I wanted to find a partner to CTB with.. and that was how real of me losing my life.
In fact, it was a distant past which looking back disheartens me. but i came to learn that life is a journey we all got to walk through... some of us may disregard the fact that there are any spiritual elements to our lives... and many would think that perhaps it is mere circumstances that we are were we are...
yes some of us may be living in poverty... some of us may be suffering with health problems... even the rich and famous may be feeling empty on the inside...
depression is an emotional bondage... and we all have to try and break out of it.

i'm not here to preach or to convert any one... but i am hoping that through these words individuals would be blessed. that the spirit of the broken would be uplifted...

to think of it, i really have nothing to gain out of these.. why bother spending time talking and sharing about my experiences if its not meant to be uplifting... and i'm aware of how perverse the internet is with all the alt groups encouraging one another to take on their own lifes... if the devil does not exist, what does?

i come to all my brothers and sisters in peace. do not be in deceit, and know that you are beautiful. your life is precious. you can make a difference if you choose to hang on and live on

flowers

snaffoo happened when I edited post here. It crossed with someones response. So it looks like I wrote 2 similar things. in fact, it was the result of having edited after someone responded to the orig post.

Today for some reason when I woke up I had this feeling that things would be different and that it would be the start of my new life. But as the day wore on, I don't know I keep thinking about the things I've lost and my own loneliness and i'm sitting here with another night with nothing as all to do and no one to spend it with.

morning rush

that happens to me too, in the morning it's all good, but then as the day goes by I start to get down....I'm trying to think of the good things instead of the negative things, but it's hard to catch myself thinking, yet I try, and the more I try it seems to work...I try to tell myself that well at least I did this today and stuff like that...maybe it could work for you?

Hey man, I saw your friend request I'm here for you too. Today's been I don't know ok I guess. I went and took a couple of my fathers anxiety meds and they helped me through the day. I had a big math test I needed to take but well, let me start at the beginning, my only friends left are all druggies so they wanted me to skip and get high with them. I wanted too, very very badly. But I've been told over and over that if I don't pass this class ill be out on the street so I studied all day and I think I might have passed the test. Which is all that matters if I get a D- ill still graduate and I can finally get a start over in my life. New job, maybe new friends and new hopefully healthier environment. My old job reminds me of people who have passed away or one who doesn't love me anymore and thats rough to have to go into 3 or 4 times a week. And I think its really unhealthy for me, cause I make all these attachments to things and can't help it.

I love retro games though and one sorta cool thing happened to me today. I don't know if you like youtube shows like the game chasers or anything but I try to frequent my goodwill and I found a few SNES games I didn't have. Nothing special but it was by far the highlight of my day.

Hey :)

Tried to pm you but still trying to figure this phone out. Hoping you got it.

Have you got meds yourself? Find that they help even out the good and bad days. Well done for sitting your test ^.^ the pressure to attend must have been high, never mind passing. Crossing fingers for you. When are you hoping to graduate? A new start sounds great. Have you started looking for a new job yet? It sounds rough to stay where you are but you're such a strong person to still go in. I admire you for that.

I'm not online a lot (my concentration is shot) so no youtube but I adore finding little treasures in charity shops. It really does cheer me up. Sad but true lol. Not much of a SNES girl as we had a sega mastersystem but I did find an emulator a while ago to play the original sonic and alex kidd games. Even found a SCUMM one to play monkey island and day of the tentacle. It's fab. How have things been today?

No but I guess I'm going to try to talk to a doctor about getting something for myself today. I should graduate july 11th, if I pass my classes. I'm too scared to start really looking for jobs right now, I'm afraid ill have to tell them nevermind, I didn't pass so I can't start and that really scares me. I had a friend who was going to help me get into her job when I graduated but right now she is no longer speaking to me. We were friends for years but she told me she's going through some stuff and not to call or talk to her. Which sucks cause she was a big part of my support system.

No but I guess I'm going to try to talk to a doctor about getting something for myself today. I should graduate july 11th, if I pass my classes. I'm too scared to start really looking for jobs right now, I'm afraid ill have to tell them nevermind, I didn't pass so I can't start and that really scares me. I had a friend who was going to help me get into her job when I graduated but right now she is no longer speaking to me. We were friends for years but she told me she's going through some stuff and not to call or talk to her. Which sucks cause she was a big part of my support system.
Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. Don't let fear hold you back. At some point we all encounter it, but don't let it run your life or your emotions. You can reach down and believe in yourself. Things will work out one way or another. There is a saying I like, "If plan A doesn't work the alphabet has 25 more letters."

Thank you Sarah. But I don't want to start applying for anything until i'm sure i'm going to pass. I'm extremely worried about this class, if you can't tell I can't focus on anything major until its done.

flowers

Thank you Sarah. But I don't want to start applying for anything until i'm sure i'm going to pass. I'm extremely worried about this class, if you can't tell I can't focus on anything major until its done.
Mike, you do things the way you need to do them. And in your timing. Deal with first things first. You know yourself and how you work best !! The solid foundation is buiit one brick at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00