need some support.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by kait, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kait

kait Member

I just feel like nothing has been going well for a while now.
    My boyfriend, his brother, my two year old daughter, and I were sharing an apartment, but they took a job that ended up being a scam. His brother tried to get his job back, but couldn't and my bf worked there for a couple of months and made barely any money while he worked 12-14 hour days, 6 days a week.

I've been trying to get a job for a year and have found nothing.
    So this week, we got kicked out for owing so much rent money and had three days to get all our stuff out. Unfortunately, we didn't get everything and some of my stuff is still there.

I had to come back to live with my mom (I moved out when I was 15 to go live in a Christian group home for pregnant teens/foster kids/etc. I came back last year and moved out again in August) and there's hardly any room here. He's been sleeping on my mom's couch or in my car and his brother moved in with his mother. My mom doesn't want us here because there are already 5 people and 2 dogs in a three bedroom house.

I just feel like giving up. I've been fighting with my boyfriend a lot, I've lied to him about going back to bulimia, and I just don't know how anything is going to work out. I guess I just need someone to reassure me, because I don't want to bring it up with him. He just tells me to tell myself to feel better and that doesn't work.
    I can't really talk to my family, they just tell me to get a job and move out and get over it.

So...anyone?

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

you need to get some extra supports in place, like a doctor, psychiatrist and therapist. if you are not working you are probably eligible for medicaid to help you pay for these. maybe someone else in the states can advise you about that. once you get supports you can start to deal with everything, the housing, the depression, the bulimia. you need treatment and probably medication. glad you found us, and welcome.

3. sara856

sara856 Account Closed

Hang in there, hon. I know things are hard but you are not alone. Reach out to the friends and family members who care, and keep posting here. I wish there was more help I could offer you- but all I can do is tell you that I care, and so do many other people, and I will be here for you if you want to private message me or anything. I know things look really bleak now, but they can change in a moment- I too was forced out of where I was living, and had to move back in with my mom, and it was tough, and there wasn't enough room, and I was trying to find a place without success for the longest time. Then, out of the blue, my housing application was approved and it turned out I qualified for housing assitance, and I was able with that assistance to get a new apartment. I know there is no guarantee that that will happen, but if I'd given up or committed suicide (and I thought about it) it NEVER would have happened. Try calling the housing authority of your town and seeing if there are any housing vouchers available to people with low incomes. Call information and ask for the housing department of whatever town you live in, and surrounding towns. If that doesn't work, you might be able to rent a room or find a roommate to share the cost of an apartment, there are places online that will match you up with one.

You need to get into counseling if you can. Bulimia is a real monster. I used to throw up every day when I was in college, and I found a great counselor who really helped me. I haven't thrown up on purpose in almost nine years now. I used to do it every day. It was a long hard road with a lot of detours and relapses, but if I could do it, you definitely can.

Hang in there, and know that things can get better and there are people who care about you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.