Need someone to talk to before its too late....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new to this site, Im a 23 year old male. I really need someone to talk to before its too late... Let me start with my story. During my first year of college, when i was 19 I was diagnosed with an eye disorder called keratoconus. This disorder destroyed my vision, i could barley see 2 feet in front of me. I couldn't work , go to school or drive. Luckily, for me my girlfriend of 7 years was there for me. She helped me so much. she provided for me,took care of me, took me to all my appoiments and surgeries. we loved each other alot. After awhile my vision got a bit better but was still shit. Then things started to change between my gf and I. We fought alot, my insecurities got in the way and there were alot of misunderstandings. She thought i didn't appreciated everything she did for me ,but I really did .I loved her with all my heart. i loved her more than any words could describe. We broke up and I gave it some time before talking to her again. She moved on after a brief period. After everything we have been through, she is now happy with another guy and it real breaks my heart. now i have no one here for me. and i probably never will given my situation, I've tried everything to get her back, but she has made it clear that she has no more interest in me anymore. I guess she doesn't love me anymore. The guy she is with now doesn't want her talking to me or being around me. I don't know what to do.I feel like ill always be stuck here without her or her help.. i can't work or drive. Dying seems like its the easiest solution to all my problems.... I have no one to talk to..

brknsilence

"Keep Moving Forward"-Meet The Robinsons movie
Welcome to SF. I'm so sorry you're having a difficult times. Please stay strong. Don't give up hope. We're here for you.

I wish I had the answers to fix this but I don't. I am here listening. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Hugs

MyCatWillMissMe

Hey Dan. You and I have very very similar situations. It's very hard and I feel bad for you. I know how hopeless it gets when you're disabled and she leaves and you're alone.

You can message me anytime.

Unknown_111

Forum Buddy
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome to the forum. I am saddened by your story. Relationship break ups are hard especially what you have been through. You need to get better but please see you doctor about the way you feel. Medication can help get over the aniexty you feel everyday.

On the situation with your girlfriend just remain good friends as you were very close to each other and still are in many ways. You still cry and feel sorrow in your heart which is the natural reaction after a long time term friendship. Seven years is a long time and the heart break you feel is very deep and you feel very wounded. Leave you girlfriend alone at the moment which I now is hard but she will need you in the long run. The other fella is just jealous and very insecure about himself and demanding these actions as he see you as a threat.

Alternatively, he is a emotional control freak who wants to dominate the relationship. That might be his downfall but be there to pick up the pieces. You have to strong which I know is devasting and hard the way you feel. My personal opinion would be get better in yourself first in mind and health first. Remain good friends with you previous girlfriend in terms sending a birthday card to her without any kisses in that she knows you still want to remain friends. At Christmas, send a card to both of them and wish them the best. If the boyfriend reacts, then your previous girlfriend will realise what person is like.

You see that the new boyfriend is jealous of you still having contact with her but there is no reason why you cannot remain good friends as you both shared a lot of care and love with each other. Be the better person and let her be happy for now. When things might go wrong in the relationship be there for her as she will realise you still care as a friend. Surely being friends is better than no contact. In time she will realise that you still care and you are a friend for life.

Stay strong, get better and just think you are the better person in letting her find her own happiness. I know it hurts but sometimes the decent thing to do is to let go of someone you really cared about and let them realise what could have been.

Take care and most important be safe.

Dan. I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this. But you shouldn't kill yourself. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Your girlfriend isn't good enough for you if she treats you this way. You will find someone else. It will get better. P.S. please have hope!

Dark

I'm sorry that happened to you Dan. You are not alone with your situation and feelings. Everyone feels a sense of loss and grief from losing someone at some point in their lives. I can only imagine the feelings of loneliness and suffering you must be going through. You just need to remind yourself that it isn't your fault, accept you are at a low point in your life and give yourself the time to recover and always remember and remind yourself if someone leaves, they just weren't worthy of you or your time and somebody else better WILL come along eventually. Try to avoid anything that reminds you of her, where you can. If you're strong enough to come this far, in spite of your disability; you definitely CAN get through this hard stage of your life, it just takes time and persistence. Remember not to blame yourself and try to focus on other things, until you recover fully. Life might seem that way to you now, but you possess the persistence to go on. Take care and feel free to message me if you want, I'll try to reply when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00