Need someone to talk to, pushed over the edge.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by crookedteeth-x, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I know that there are alot of people here , but I just really need to talk and get this all out?

See, I'm 12 going on 13 this year and I feel as if there's really no use for me here in the world. It's as if I'm a mistake.

These feelings all come from school and partially my family who constantly make fun of me because I'm on the chubbier side.

School's really, just really the cause of this. My friends and I were casually talking and all of a sudden they make me seem as if I'm so inferior and that being depressed is the worst thing ever. All I needed was someone to talk to and they turned their backs on me. I've never felt this bad in my entire life.

Thoughts of suicide have been flooding my mind, I've been crying myself to sleep. I feel as if I really am hanging on by a thread. I don't know what to do. I've cut before and well, I'm thinking of overdosing on a variety of pills. Please, please help me. I need someone to talk to.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Sweetheart, I know you're going to think 'typical' when I say what I am about to say, but a lot of what you're experiencing is down to your age hun.
    Thats not to say that it doesn't hurt or make you feel absolutely awful.
    I still remember the transition from child into teenager(it was that awful) and my emotions were all over the place, coupled with a crippling sensitivity. Sounds like you're going thru the same thing.
    Hang in there sweetie it really does get easier, but in the meantime; do you have a school counsellor or someone you trust enough to talk this over with?

You are absolutely right when you say you need to talk about it, you can always pm me if you need to go into depth and don't want to post it.
    Taking tablets won't solve a thing and stay away from the cutting as it can become a way of life(not a road you want to go down).

It will get easier as you get older, but thats cold comfort for how you feel right now. Talk to that school counsellor if you have one.

3. beautifuloblivion

beautifuloblivion Well-Known Member

Again, you’re probably going to think ‘typical,’ but Terry is right. I remember feeling the way you did when I was your age, and I remember how much it hurt. It is completely normal to feel the way you do, but you shouldn’t feel as though you have no use in the world. After all, no one is expected to know their purpose in life at 13!

And you certainly shouldn’t let your friends make you feel inferior. There are lots of people just here on SF who have depression who are wonderful, caring people. It’s important for you to find someone to talk to…if you don’t have a school counselor or someone you trust, you are always welcome to post here or pm me if you want to talk. I know how you feel and I wish the best for you. Hang in there! :smile:

4. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Stay strong hun, and rely on us. Different motions and feelings are probably normal for your age. Dont worry too much. We are here to support you and dont give up hun. :hug:
    Your in my thoughts and prayers,
    Much Love,
    Beret

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.