need sum advise

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by deathangel101, May 18, 2012.

1. deathangel101

deathangel101 Well-Known Member

well there's this guy that i like and im not sure if he's into me he's my age and he's on the football and wrestling team and he's kind and really sweet my bestfriend told him that i like him but he thought he was lying but ever since he's been paying more attention to me so i don't know what i should do should i make the first move or wait to find out if he actually likes me

2. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

Hang out with him some more, he obviously didn't completely disbelieve your friend so spend some more time together. Hell, maybe even ask him out after you've spent some time together.

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Focus on school. The boy isn't focused on you, don't chase him. Focus on school/work/self-improvement.

IF he is seriously interested, he'll approach. If not, then don't think about him; there are plenty of fine men out here who don't play with their food. If you chase him all he'll think is how pathetic and desperate you are for him.

4. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

As much as I would love to say you go for it, I definitely agree with try to focus on school. Let him come after you if he really is interested. We had a guy come speak to our high school back when I was a junior and as much as I hated him, he was right about a lot of things and the thing he told us "ladies" (that's how he referred to all the females in our school) was to let the guy do the chasing. Idk, I'm not really a good person to be giving advice since I've obviously haven't had any of my relationships work out, but I think it's true. But in the end, do what you believe is best for you. If you wanna ask him to hang out and whatnot go for it :) there's nothin wrong with taking chances.

5. Degenerate Escapist

Degenerate Escapist Well-Known Member

Guys don't always do the chasing if they like a girl. Some are just afraid to make any moves, but you said he's on the football and wrestling team, so you would assume that he would be more outgoing.. I'd say the beat thing to do is play it by ear and judge for yourself. Try to hang out and if he seems too shy, make the first move yourself. When you tell a guy you like them the worst thing they can do is tell you they don't feel the same.. unless they're a complete douche, which then you should just re-evaluate your choice in the types men you like..

Good luck, and try not to worry too much.

6. deathangel101

thanx guys that is some great advise and ill make sure ill follow it

7. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with some of the advice you've gotten! Not all of us guys are into the chasing thing. Some of us have been rejected so many times that we don't even bother chasing any more. It's not that we don't want to, we're just tired of always getting hurt, so we wait for the female to show interest first. Believe it or not, some guys have feelings too, and when you've been rejected as many times as I have, it's easy for us to get discouraged and to stop trying. Yeah, I get that we're supposed to be the "hunters" and make the first move, but it always helps if the object of our desire shows a little interest in us first to make us feel like we're not completely wasting our time pursuing them. I wouldn't go so far as to tell you to ask him out, but at least flirt with him a little so that he knows that you're interested. Maybe that will give him the confidence he needs to ask you out.

8. deathangel101

wow thanx i never knew that and it sounds that you've been hurt in the past so if you need someone to talk to you can always count on me to listen

9. Rainfall

Rainfall Well-Known Member

TheLoneWolf is right. My gf had to chase me, I just couldn't face rejection again. But now we're together, and everything's looking up. It is possible to find a balance for love and work, just give up Ur lunch breaks to be with him, and arrange dates on Saturday. That way you won't avoid homework and you can still have a love life.

10. deathangel101

well turns out he;s tlking to this girl so o well i gess i have to find someone else i aint worried though

11. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

^ This ^

12. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

See it would have been a waste of time chasing him down and he isn't even thinking about you. Let them come to you.

13. deathangel101

well its the last day of school and he's really being sweet to me its so awsome