need to be 18 now :/

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by justmeonlyme, Jun 4, 2011.

1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

grrr i was in a good mood looking forward to going to this dance party thing with a friend tomorrow night then went on the facebook page for it about an hour ago and they had added that you have to be over 18 to go. im rather anoyed i was really looking forward to it but now i cant go why cant i just hurry up and be 18. 17 is such an annoying age not a kid any more but not old enough to do 'adult' things. a month and a half away i dont want to wait anymore i hate this. was going to go to something a few weeks ago then realised that was r18 as well i hate it so much. :mad: sorry rant over

2. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

I think anybody who's a teenager thinks this.
    I'm 16 and can't do anything. I can't legally drink (not that that stops most of the people my age), I can't drive etc.

I could get married and have sex legally, but that's not really on my to-do list right now.

At least you're 18 soon. I have to wait 9 months before I'm 17.

Happy almost birthday?

3. Green.Triceratops

Green.Triceratops Account Closed

At least youre not 1 year from 18, only 2 months or so. Time goes so fast - enjoy it while theres no bills/expectations :)

4. justmeonlyme

yea i know most do and people who are older wish they where our age again idk. :O you cant drive at 16 where you are you can drive when your 15 here.

and im sorry. idk see it hasnt been an issue till recently idk i think its like im so so close and im ready to go do things like this but i still have to wait and it just anoyed me that it didnt say R18 from the start, im actually lucky i checked other wise i would have got there and not been aloud in.

thanks lol

5. ConfusedSilence

You can drive at 15? My jealousy knows no bounds.

6. justmeonlyme

yea lol sorry. there changing it to 16 soon though. how old do you have to be there?

7. ConfusedSilence

You need to be 18 here. I can start learning at 17, and get a provisional so I can drive when an adult with a licence is in the car.

Stupid Britain.

8. justmeonlyme

wow id go insane if i couldnt drive i live in the middle of know where

9. ConfusedSilence

I'll bet it's quiet though :)

10. justmeonlyme

meh boaring more like lol

11. ConfusedSilence

Well I live in a "big" city (it's really not. I can get a bus from one side to the other in about an hour), and there is nothing to do here, yet everyone is very noisy.

12. justmeonlyme

yea there isnt even a bus out here lol i drive 30mins to get to 'town' then bus about an hour to the city lol

13. ConfusedSilence

I have a bus stop outside my house. The bus is never there when I'm in a hurry, but at 1 o'clock in the morning they run every ten minutes like clockwork. Makes me want to throw stones at them. :L

14. justmeonlyme

that sucks big time

15. ConfusedSilence

It sucks more that no rocks are near.... ¬¬

16. justmeonlyme

what you mean?

17. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

haha!! I know what you mean..

i have a bus stop opposite me and I hate noise too!! at least ours don't run at night here..

I do however want to throw rocks at the girl in the flat next door who had a party till 2am this morning..Yawn!!