Need to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello @davidcan welcome to the forum.

Want to talk about why you are feeling this way? Have you sought the help of professionals?

I'm glad you joined. We're a friendly bunch here so join right in :)

To answer your question better yes i have been hospitalized 3 times taking medicines i recently<mod edit> I am trapped and alone

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem so disconnected from this world . I check myself in psych wards and leave in worse shape than i went in. A once a month phone call to dr or therapist is useless . I am 2 meds and nothing is enough. I live in an apt that is killing my allergy. But i am financially trapped. Some things in my life are actually better. I wish god would tell me what i need to do?

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
A once a month phone call to dr or therapist is useless
Hey again @davidcan

Would you try online therapy? I agree that a once a month phone call doesn't sound like efficient enough help and support. Maybe your medications need adjustment? Maybe talk about that when next talking to the doctor. Ask the doctor are there other supports available too.

Many of us came here like you feel suicidal but things got better. What other kind of supports do you have in place, family, friends? If none see on google what is on in your area, mental health wise and see if there is any help there.

It sucks you feel so bad but hopefully things can get better *hug

KindaOtiose

Hi @davidcan. Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry you're going through this.

As @Champagne said, it doesn't seem like you are getting adequate treatment, and I'm sorry for that. I wonder if there are other alternatives you can try and find such as online therapy or more regular phone calls. Maybe this could help you.

It sounds like you're in a tough spot at the moment. A lot of people on the forums have been there, and I'm sure you can find solidarity or help on the forums.

Stay safe. I hope you can feel better soon. Sending hugs *brohug.

Thanx for the replies I am isolated i dont have family , I dont have friends that i can lean on I am so socially disfunctial that there is nobody that i could reach out to nor would i no how to. I am desperate for any ideas . My situation is chronic. I sometimes call the local crisis line . But really they only listen but cannot help you. What online therepy?

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanx for the replies I am isolated i dont have family , I dont have friends that i can lean on I am so socially disfunctial that there is nobody that i could reach out to nor would i no how to. I am desperate for any ideas . My situation is chronic. I sometimes call the local crisis line . But really they only listen but cannot help you. What online therepy?
Hi @davidcan , welcome to SF. I'm sorry you feel so lonely and in so much pain. A lot of people here relate to those feelings, they've come "alone" and found a safe place to talk to and be listened by a community of people who actually care no matter what and who want to get to know them. I'm glad you reached out to us, and we can be there for you, too, if you wish. Hope to see you around. Sending hugs in the meantime.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I seem so disconnected from this world
Thanx for the replies I am isolated i dont have family , I dont have friends that i can lean on I am so socially disfunctial that there is nobody that i could reach out to nor would i no how to. I am desperate for any ideas . My situation is chronic. I sometimes call the local crisis line . But really they only listen but cannot help you.
That's the thing about chronic depression -it isolates and disconnects us by making us feel that nobody else could possibly understand how we feel. It forms a mental wall around us which imprisons us in our own heads and which we long to escape from. Here on SF however you will find many others who you can connect with because they know how you feel from their own experience. It's not an instant solution to all your problems, but knowing you are not alone by making the connection with people who truly understand what deep depression feels like, by sharing your thoughts and feelings, is very definitely a step in the right direction

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00