need to find a reason

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by ivorytower, Jan 31, 2010.

1. ivorytower

ivorytower New Member

hi i am 42 and spent 21 years with the same man. he left me two years ago and i came very close to ending my life. over the last two years i have started to rebuild my life but made a very big mistake in getting involved with my oldest married friend.
    Just when i thought i was goint to be on my own i found love. He has left me today and i find myself back where i was two years ago feeling i have lost hope and dont think i have any emotional reserves left to pick myself up again.
    I lost my dad when i was 14 and fought cancer when i was 29 my marraiage ended when i was 40 and now im at the bottom again not knowing which way to turn.
    How many times is it possible to keep picking yourself up?
    i dont know why im writng this here or what difference it will make but i dont want to get to the point i did before.

IT x
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You know you have the strength to get through this as you have done it before. There will be days ahead that will be hard but those will lessen and you will again find a new reason to move on. I am sorry for all the struggles you have to endure but in the end they do make us stronger because we learn that we can cope on our own without someone there. I hope you find a new love but until then know you have the strength in you to pick up and start again.
  3. unaffected

unaffected Member

Yea honestly i dont know if i can keep doing this falling in love and then geting screwed for some people its just a case of moving on and hoping to find someone better.
    My problem is i knw i found my soul mate and i lost her and now i dnt think i will ever find someone so special loving and caring like she was i would love to be proved wrong but i even look into other people relationships and they dont seem to have the same spark me and my girl had when people would look at us they knew we was a couple and knew we was very much in love thats why we got sooo many weird looks from people.
    Also cant seem to find any one who wants to go out with me i actually thing there is something really wrong with me because women just dont find me attractive or ever seem interested in being more then just friends