Need to find hope

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sufferinsilence, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sufferinsilence

sufferinsilence New Member

I am new. Tonight I have found myself ready to give up. I am tired of hurting. I found out that my husband is a sex addict and had been cheating on me for 15 1/2 of the 16 years we have been married. In addition to the infidelity he also gave me a token of his lifestyle which is 3 sexually transmitted diseases. To add insult to injury he not only had sex with other women but also prostitutes and gay men. He is diagnosed with bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder. He confessed what he did and has sought help. I am struggling with forgiveness. He is very suicidal himself. I have 3 kids. I know they won't recover if he commits suicide so I stayed with him. He thinks I should just forgive him and move on. I am really struggling with life right now and can't talk to anyone about it. Because of his mental illness it seems like it always goes back to him and how he needs help and reassurance. I am silently loosing my grasp on life. I am struggling being there for him and ready to give it all up myself. I really want to stop hurting.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You are in a very very difficult situation. You certainly can talk here and perhaps some people with the same issues as your husband can shed some light on the way the thought process works so you can understand that it was not because of you in anyway. Forgiveness would be a long difficult process were I in your shoes but understanding may be a step in the right direction. Your depression is more than understandable and and many many of us share that in common. Sometimes just sharing your difficulties on here can help for a bit. There also maybe be some spouse support groups for such issues in your area that may help ?

Take Care and Be Safe
    Thank You for joining us here

3. sufferinsilence

sufferinsilence New Member

Thank you for the encouragement. I think that is what I need more than anything right now in order to draw strength. I hope you are right.
    If anyone here has been through something similar I would love to hear from you. Right now I need to know that I am not alone and could benefit from another person's understanding and experience.
  4. Dying A Hero

Dying A Hero Member

Most therapy for pesonality disorders and hyper sexuality don't work but REBT does.

People get divorced all the time.

IMO personality disorders are not mental illnesses. IMO the whole cluster B criteria should fall under A for asshole. Hubby's behavior is a choice. The answer is simple get rid on this loser and take him for every cent you can. If you were my sister I would beat the crap out of him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.