Need to get out of this place

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Meta, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Meta

Meta Active Member

I'm so tired of living at home. Every time I think of the people around me all I feel is hate and disgust. Mother just got back from a month long holiday to India, where she decided to spend hundreds on cosmetic surgery for herself, she comes back and all she's done is sit in her room sleeping with some complete stranger, and every time she comes out all she does is complain and have tantrums. She acts all friendly and caring, but she's a manipulative, inconsiderate and downright horrible person. It only took me the last 20 years to realise that she's spent the duration of my life trying to manipulate me and it's been working. And my sister, impossible to talk to, bad tempered...she reminds me of me. Sister isn't really a problem, but I can't stand living with her anymore.

I keep trying to get a new place, asking people who are supposed to help to give me a hand, but they lead me around in circles. Go see this person, call that person, go get a referal from the person who told you to call me.

I feel on the verge of frenzy at this point, and if it carries on I'm going to do something I'll regret. I could complain like this for another 10,000 words, but I think I'll stop now.

2. Meta

Meta Active Member

She just stole my credit card (again) and says if I want it I have to call the police. She's sulking because I wouldn't give her the spare change I wanted to use to buy food, and which she wanted to buy booze.

3. Meta

Meta Active Member

<edited moderator total eclipse> inappropriate language

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
  4. letmedisappear

letmedisappear Well-Known Member

I wish I could help you, but being only a teenager, I'm not really sure of how to help. I mean, I'd say ask some friends for help and advice, and if not that, hide your credit cards and anything else your mom tries to take. Buy a safe, maybe. If all else fails, try just talking to her. Lecture her, maybe. Keep her in a place where she can't help but listen and explain. Good luck, and stay strong :)

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You need to call the police then it is theft and she has no right to your cards call and cancel you card that way she won't be able to use it Get a new one okay

6. Meta

Meta Active Member

I've tried talking to her. Every time you find a gap in her confused logic, she throws a tantrum and refuses to talk to anyone. She doesn't spend any money on food or anything usefull. The woman does not listen to reason, I think she may be going through a mid-life crisis.

7. total eclipse

then call and get your card changed that way she cannot use it and no talking is necessary. Time to move out and get a space of your own with your money okay

8. Meta

Meta Active Member

I've tried! The housing workers only seem to care about the homeless and drug addicts, of which I am neither. Every time I talk to someone who is supposed to assist people looking for housing , I get sent to people I've already talked to. You think I should actually call the police?

9. total eclipse

i think you should cancel your card for one thing get a new one and yes if she steal your bank card iwould call on her maybe cops will get her some help if they see her so distressed You need to tell housing people your predictament that you are being abused verbally by her and your saftey is an issue If they see that they will push harder for you