Need To Get Some Help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Keiran, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

How can I get help without anyone else knowing when I'm only 16?

I feel like I don't want help, but it'll only be for my own good.

And there's just a certain person in this world that's keeping me alive and she'd never let me kill myself.

So as long as I have to live, I'd rather live not depressed.

2. Astronaut

Astronaut Member

You've made a good choice deciding to get help. None of us can do this on uor own. One way you can get help is to look up some free counseling services that might be available to you. Websites like the CDC (center for public disease control) often has links to mental health services you can take advantage of if you're uninsured.

3. ariel2013

ariel2013 Member

Hey if you call suicide or a depression hot line, I am sure they will be able to locate a place for you to go get help in your area. I am glad you are willing to get help! Getting the right medication has at least 70 % success rate which is very promising! Good luck!

4. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

Couldn't hurt....I'll see what I can do. I kinda feel unconfortable calling someone and talking about it though.

5. DeepEmz

DeepEmz Well-Known Member

Talking is the best way to be able to let it all out, let out all the emotion that has been building up.

If you visit your local GP surgery it is done within confidence, i did that and they found me a good counseling services group.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.