need to know how to do... anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostboy

I realy need to get motivated to do SOMETHING... But sleeping and avoiding things seems so much easier :sad:

If anyone knows a way to get or stay motivated to do... anything, I would like to know how...

But I guess some people have it and some people dont. Maybe I've learned not to do anything cos I've fucked so many things up... like a security measure :blink:

anyways if someone knows a secret trick to obtain it I'de realy like to know.

I'm afraid I don't have any tricks for motivation (though I often wish I did), but I find that my level of energy is directly tied into what and how much I do. I've been sleeping a lot lately, too, because I'm constantly fatigued or tired. Before this week, however, I felt much more energetic; I even cleaned up my apartment a little last weekend! :ohmy:!

The only advice I can offer is that you do whatever you can--even if it's only brushing your teeth or taking a shower or finishing a book--and feel good about what you accomplish. Also, try to avoid comparing your accomplishments to other people's. What matters is that you do the best you can do at this moment, and if that happens to be sleeping, then don't feel bad--you probably need the extra sleep.

flowerpot

I understand. It's far easier to hide away from things then face them. Like anxiety and depression always wins. I try to do something like get out of bed and go to school or just go out in public but I can't. Staying in bed all day is just so much easier, and I feel so much safer. I don't really know what you can do for motivation, but maybe try to find something you REALLY want to do. Then just FORCE yourself to get out of bed and go do it. Even if it's something simple like seeing a film etc. or seeing a friend I don't know. Because once you do it you'll feel good and be all "hey I can do this" and next time you can hopefully do it again! Then you'll just get more confidence and feel more motivated hopefully because you'll be thinking more positivly. I wish you the best of luck with everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00