need to know what to do ASAP

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Laura Masters, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura Masters

Laura Masters Member

i am having a big issue right now. i have had this plan for the weekend to do something i'm not supposed to do..... and their is only one person i really feel comfortable talking to. i have told only her things about me i have never spoke about to anyone else before. she used to be my social worker. i am having a delima right now because for some reason i feel obligated to call her right now, people have it in my head to tell someone when i have suicidal feelings. she is the only one i can talk to.
    the thing is, though, i made a mistake of telling her the feelings i have for her and with me being married i told her i know it wasnt approporate, and she isn't even a lesbian anyways, and that i would not talk to her anymore because of this, to remove myself from the problem..
    i do not know if i should call her or not, i am not comfortable talking with anyone else..
    but whatever the answer is i have to made that decision up ASAP because its already 3:00 on a friday work day and she will be leaving work soon if she hasnt already...
    what should i do??

2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

If it's an emergency call 911.

There are other sources like calling a crisis hotline if it's too late to call her.

3. Laura Masters

Laura Masters Member

yeah, im currently texting a crisis line right now, but i know they cant change my mind like she can..

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sorry you werent able to get ahold of her but give others a chance to help you.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

why text why not call hear a real voice one that cares. You know not know who the other person is on the other side so you cannot know if they will change your mind
    Most crisis workers have lost family to suicide so they will understand Did she tell you not to call her anymore or was that your decision if you feel you are going to harm yourself then leave a msg with her

6. Donnanobispacem

Donnanobispacem Well-Known Member

Any professional is not going to respond to a client/patient who has professed sexual/emotional feelings towards them. It's simply not allowed and for good reason.
    Her colleagues will be able to refer/advise you- turn to them instead.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope you got through the evening okay and that the crisis line helped you some bit, you're a nice person Laura and don't deserve this suffering. We're always here to help and assist you but for an emergency 999/911 is the best course of action. :hug:

8. Laura Masters

Laura Masters Member

i think i used all the resources i could, except for calling a hotline. talking on the phone always makes me nervous :/ but i tried, and failed.. so unfortunately i am back here and on this site again.. thank you everyone

9. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You could discuss some of the problems you are having here. Obviously there is something(s) going on in your life to get you to this point and talking about those things here may help in either just the opportunity to vent or in getting some useful ideas for dealing with them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.