Need to stop crying....quick. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheWr0ngChild, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

I have a counselling appointment at 3pm and I've cried all night and all morning, any ideas on how I can stop because I've failed so far. I am not letting anyone see me like this because I am trying to hide it, more trouble than it's worth not to.

I've given up trying to explain to people what started all this (taking the pill 3 years ago) because nobody gets it. I accept that it is a lifelong condition that will get progressivly worse until my mid 50's, I accept that so there is nothing more to say or ask for.
  2. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

What you are going through is more commen than you think. There are people out there who do understand what your going through. Just try find little things at first to be posotive about and talk more on here. Tell us how the counselling meeting went.
  3. leftoutsidealone

leftoutsidealone Well-Known Member

for me, nothing else helps until I've cried so much that I'm out of tears. and then I have to apply make-up to hide that I've been crying, but the inside of the eye remains red, so I go around saying I've got an allergy.
  4. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

I have that crying problem too. I've recently started wearing a rubberband around my wrist. when I feel my eyes well up, I give it a good stiff snap right where it hurts the most. The skin puffs up and stings like hell and then I forget to cry... for a few minutes anyway, but it seems to be enough time to make me forget sometimes and when I feel it coming again, I just snap it again. it's safer than cutting and better than walking around all day with red puffy eyes. I don't know if it will work for you Tin-Woman, but it may be worth a try. Sometimes what we need is another pain to distract us from the original pain, if that makes any sense:S
  5. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I have found putting your tongue to the roof of your mouth can stop you crying when you don't want to, works for me.
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Be thankful you can cry because well, it's something to be thankful for.
    Feel better :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.