need to tell someone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by avs49, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avs49

avs49 New Member

okay, so i understand that this may sound weird and all so i will start from the beginning... my whole life i have been an animal rights activist. i boycott and avoid anything animal cruelty but lately, i feel so very overwhelmed by my beliefs and i just cant seem to make any difference in the world... i feel dead inside and the only thing that seems to make me go is the sheer driving force that is within me. i can't stand it anymore, i want the pressure off me but i refuse to accept the barbaric acts of rodeos and shark finning and all the other acts of abuse to animals. i know that some people arent as extreme as me or my family and it might be hard to understand im sorry but the abuse and suffering and this horrible weight on my chest is making me think more and more about suicide. i cant do it anymore. i just want it to stop.

i hope this post makes sense to someone out there.

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Yeah it does and sorry i'm not in a good enough place now to say all the things i'd like to, but i'm like you and the only way i can cope with the abuse and exploitation and cruelty to animals is to hide from it. I get subs from all these animal charities i donate to and i can't bear to even look at the stuff it goes straight in the bin. Cowardly maybe but if i let myself get any further involved it would destroy me. Sorry bit of a ramble just wanted to say that i think i understand how you'r feeling.

3. avs49

avs49 New Member

thank you so much for your reply, it means alot to me. i don't think it's cowardly it is smart and probably for the best for people like us. i admire you for your donations to help, i really do.

once again, thank you for your reply, i don't feel so alone now.

4. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

I hate animal cruelty...I know you feel hopeless like me,but u cant change the world...all what I can is trying to spread the knowlege like post animal video cruelty in facebook.

5. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I'm at the same point, but with humans. Let me explain, I believed so much in humans, and their capacity to love and compassion. I love animals too, so If you wanna chat animals, you've got a friend. I hope you revise your thoughts, and wow, we do need people like you down here.

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I know I can't change the world as a whole. However, I can change an animal's world... I have a cat who's apparently been abused and I'm going to take good care of him until the end of his life. I'm not saving millions of animals, but I am making a difference in one's life.

Edit: Oh, and I'm vegetarian

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009
  7. HiddenTears

HiddenTears Well-Known Member

I am glad there are people like you in the world. Animal cruelty is a horrible act and I couldn't agree with you more. Things like you mention make me sick. Hunting is another act that really gets to me. I can't understand why people find it so appealing to hunt, bull fight, dog fight, etc..., it's not like they are better than the animal or anything. After all the human is using a weapon to kill the animal, where is the pride in that? You are using a weapon against an already defenseless animal, not to mention you have a higher brain power than it. I can't respect anybody who does this. If you want "to prove your strength" or whatever, fight with your bare hands at least there is some honor in that.

With that being said, I can find it resonable to hunt for survival. For example the tribes in Africa and elsewhere who do not use modern technology. And I am being a little hypocritical because I am not a vegetarian but I don't eat much meat. But the bullshit that is on the outdoor networks that show a man perched in a tree dressed in complete camo and using a high powered rifle to frame a deers head is just sick. They shouldn't be allowed to show that. I mean, congradulations you outsmarted a deer... Now reverse the roles and see how much you like it.

On the other hand, I love to watch boxing and mma and I respect what they do for a living. But the difference between human combat and animal combat is choice. If you step in the ring you have the choice to walk away, animals are forced into that situation and it is really sad. And don't even get me started on Michael Vick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.