Need Urgent Advice - Brothers Life in Danger

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by cie, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cie

cie Banned Member

I haven't been here in a while, things have finally been working out somewhat and I've been busy.

- Let me start by saying that I can not go to the police yet. I also do not live anywhere near my brother and can not physically get near him.

Then today my sister finds out (and tells me) that her woman-beating violent angry ex-bf has manipulated my brother into injecting heroin and morphine as either a way to make him help cover his own substance costs or possibly to get revenge towards my sister.

My brother is trusting to a degree of foolishness of all people, he never really understood how the world works, he goes to work each day and plays video games. Never says a bad thing about anyone, and will help anyone regardless of how it affects him if they need it. He already hospitalized my sister (a lot of blood was involved) in the past, was around when she left him.

The police wont care about that, they will arrest and jail him and he will lose his job, following which he will have a criminal record and already he will likely be addicted as he injects rather than smokes. The only reason I would consider doing that is to get the person doing this to him away from him as well as protecting his life, it is a last resort I will only follow when there is no other way.

He drinks regularly, he isn't familar with drugs and I doubt he even realizes that alcohol and heroin will kill him. He will not know that impure heroin will kill him (and you can't even tell the purity if it's not hospital grade). He will not know how much is an OD, and heroin kills more people from OD than any other drug.

I don't know what to do. This is me asking for advice. It may come down to going to the police. I'm asking this through tears from fear of loss and of anger. I would break her ex-bf into little pieces if I was there. But I need to know how to handle this where the bad person is the ONLY PERSON WHO WILL PAY for his crime.
  2. cie

cie Banned Member

Quick update while I have time.

Some facts were wrong - Flatmate saw him take morphine while talking about heroin, he's taken morphine but intends to take heroin. I'm going to get the police to intervene possibly - based on the advice CAB give me tomorrow morning.
  3. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Cie, you will need to have an intervention on your brother and get your brother into rehab in order to save his life. He is on really heavy drugs. You get the police involved, he will have a record. Look in your phone book. There should be a phone # for AA and they can get you on to somebody in Narcotics Anonymous. They will know what to do about an intervention and who to contact. Hugs!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.