need your ideas

Itsme:)

just realised i should have posted in here, as everyone in here can relate

A while ago my friend lost one of their closest friends (I didn't know them very well and there aren't any pictures of them)
And its coming up to the year anniversary in around a month
and normally I have spent difficult days with her, stayed the night and been there for her... but I know I won't be able to see her or do anythign with her on the year

So I decided to make her a present, a kind of box with personalised things i've made/bought to let her know she isn't on her own (cheesey stuff :P), to distract her should she be finding it hard (a new book, puzzle etc) and little things she will like (fave sweets, nail polish etc)

So far i have

cheesey stuff
14 origami stars with things i love about her on the inside
a letter
cards with meaningfull lyrics from bands she likes/inspiring pictures/quotes

distractions
puzzle
book by her favourite author
nail varnish
favourite sweet/chocolate

Just wondered if anyone has any more ideas on things I could put in
Have you ever done anything like this? or made your own box of things?
Thanks x

this is a great idea and very thoughtful of you.

why is it that you won't be able to see her or do anything with her?

luka

that is great, your a true hero and your doing great,even though i dont know you or her , id like to say thank you for supporting her, yes you can give her all those presetns but the best gift you can give her is YOU, your love and support for her, she might not know it now but int he future shes gonna realise you were there for her :)

So i gave her it... told her she couldn't open it till that day
The day has been...
She hasn't said anything about it, spoke to me loads... nothing about the box not even a thanks

... oh well
:sigh:

She hasn't said anything about it, spoke to me loads... nothing about the box not even a thanks

... oh well
:(

it was still really thoughtful of you.

it could be that your friend was hoping to just try to forget about that day. so maybe better to just let it go.

but here's what she should have said:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful gifts!!! You are such an amazing and wonderful friend, and I am so glad that you are my friend. I feel truly blessed to have someone as caring and thoughtful as you are in my life!!!!

:stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thankyou May :)<3

She thanked me in the end... and funnilly enough said something along the lines of what you said :P
Wasn't a waste of time after all :) :mhmm:

chipper

So i gave her it... told her she couldn't open it till that day
The day has been...

... oh well
you know what? make a box for yourself. you deserve it more than anyone. put all the things that make you feel good in that box and make it your bday gift to yourself.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00