Needing help, unsure how to ask for it

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Borrowed time*, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

So after my failed attempt this weekend i have realised i need help.
    I know people have been telling me this for a while on this forum but until you realise it yourself nothing changes.
    I have no one but myself though. My family dont care, i dont have any real friends and im too scared to tell the doctor what i have done and what i probably will do again. My reasons are still there, still haunting my every waking moment.
    I just dont know what to do anymore:sad:
    In one breath i want to go back to university and in the next i want to end it all.
    Looking back over my life i have avoided so many situations i am uncomfortable with. Even if friends at college managed to drag me out i would just sit in a corner wanting to waste away and disapear. The result is at 25 i have no friends left, im virtually a recluse except when i leave for work. Today for the first time since i started working at 16 i have had a day off sick. I feel so guilty. Now im worried what they will say to me tomorrow.
    I have a hospital appointment on Christmas Eve should i leave it until then? See what they say. The last Doctor i saw was really nice to me and didnt try to push me with loads of questions. I think he could see i just wanted to run away. My problem is he was only a temp and i dont think he is there any more. All the other doctors are horrible and ignorant. It takes me quite a while to open up to people, i feel like they dont believe me or that i should just get over it.
    I have dealt with so much on my own. Other peoples problems i can face head on, my own if they are not simple i will avoid or ignore them.
    I dont know how to ask for help anymore, people in my life come to me not the other way round. Im scared.
    My head is all over the place and im constantly changing my mind all the time.
    Does any one else just want some one to take the controls for them?

Thank you for reading and for any advise offered.

2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

A few points in no particular order:

1. Do not feel guilty about taking a day off sick - depression is an illness not a weakness

2. I would try and get an earlier hospital appointment - it's never too soon to ask for help, nor is it wrong to do so.

3. Do your family know about your feelings and attempt? If they don't then how can you know they won't care?

4. It's OK to have bad days

5. You must be as honest and open as possible with your doctor or counsellor

6 (and most important) - I'm glad you're still here.

My PM and MSN are always open
    Chris

3. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply.
    Im going to see if i can get an earlier appointment at the hospital. I did have one but i was too scared to go. If not ill go back to my doctor and tell him everything.
    My family dont know about my recent attempt, i know they wont care from the way i have been treated by them all. In this house your not depressed your miserable and grumpy.
    My mum knew about my first 2 attempts and didnt care, dont get me wrong if id have died she would of shed some tears but i realised years ago she doesnt love me as a daughter.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I think trying to get an earlier doctor's appointment is a good idea. And I'm also glad you're still here, you can PM me anytime. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.