Negativity all around me

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by WhyMeWhy, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I'm living w/ the wrong people.... my family. They're extremely angry and it only makes me angry/or sad for them. They need serious help :blink: I can't take it. It feels like I can't do anything about it.... except leave them. They only want me around to help them and I'm sick of it, it feels like they're using me, when I'm all used up I will have to go.

2. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

If you can't leave them try changing another part of you'r life. Even if change is hard to accept it should help.

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Sorry, I've only just seen this thread. Why can't you move out? If you can't move out have you tried talking to those you live with to try and sort things out? Living in such a household isn't good for you. I hope you find a way around it and things settle down for you soon.

4. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

Yeah, you need to either move out or they need to work on their issues. Can you talk them into getting help or something? Or write them a letter (easier than talking sometimes).

5. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Oh I've written a letter, many years ago........ nothing works, nothin like that anyway. I'm clearly punishing myself, & running away from it all(abruptly moving away) was/is never the answer, I've tried that too. :( You see this is my family-the only 1 I'll ever have-and I need to be here to help them, no matter how it hurts me. Crazy, huh? But that all that life is... one crazy experience after another. It forces you to adjust to most anything.

6. booeyburgers

booeyburgers Active Member

Family and relationships are the two most overrated things ever created. If you can live in that situation than you have to remove yourself from it. That might be the trigger for them to improve. Your family knows you will never move out permanently. Find a place to live, hopefully in another town, and go. don't look back till they change and make sure you tell them why you are leaving.

having a good support structure under you while you move is always a big help. let it be friends, coworkers, social services, or counselors they would guide you to better yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.