nervous energy..how do u control it..is it part of bipolar ??

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by mandyj101, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

so yea im feeling really really strange this morning .. i couldnt sleep last night my head just kept racing like a washing machine on a fast spin!! jus kept fidgeting and was so aggitated but i couldnt pinpoint why...
    im not unhappy right this moment.. or happy .. im just .. well .. full of this nervous kinda energy is the only way i can explain it.. iv just got back from the doctors.. and he said hes finally got me an app. 2 see a psyc.. which is good i guess.. i think i might have bipolar.. amongst other things!! but im not sure .. is this how u feel sometimes with bipolar?? im so tired from lack of sleep but i just cant stop doing things.. my head feels like its going 2 explode!! how do u stop this feeling ?? im kinda worried im gonna wear myself out 2 the point of exhaustion or something .. x

2. mandyj101

still hasnt gone :unsure:

3. AmericanNight

AmericanNight Member

It sounds a lot like Anxiety, that happens to me, thoughts racing, agitation,nervous. Are you also having feelings of something bad is going to happen? Have you ever experienced a panic attack? Which is a lot like what your explaining.

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Agreed. Definitely sounds like anxiety. I don't have bi polar (that I know of) but I do suffer from anxiety really badly.

5. mandyj101

thanks 4 replying ..
    yea i know i do have bad anxiety.. but thats just mainly when i leave the house/or thinking about leaving it.. i guess i do get sort of nervous at home aswel -sometimes about some1 breaking in.. or random things which would prolly soud silly if i listed them :unsure:
    iv had a few panic attacks aswel .. so i know its not that ..
    i know i shouldnt self medicate .. but iv just had a few drinks and i feel alot calmer now..
    pretty sure its not withdrawals or anything from the booze..
    i jus dunno .. really confuzzled.. im going 2 be in the house by myself for a week starting 2night .. mabye its got something 2 do with that ? altho i wasnt thinking about it .. hmm .. im rambling and confusing myself more lol .. thanku 4 replying tho .. appreciated xx

6. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

i wish I knew how to control anxiety,I think medication is necessary for severe anxiety.I am the opposite of you though..i welcome being alone so i do not have to fake it around people or deal with constant anxiety.I don't have racing thoughts ,but negative thoughts and general refusal to face life due to I guess..anxiety.And lack of sleep causes all kinds of bad side effects.If you can't sleep or are scared this week..talk to us here..you will feel less alone.Take care
    hugs

7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i'm sorry your going through this. i get nervous energy in the way of my legs shaking when i'm just sat down or constantly shaking one of my feet. i dont know if its a symptom of bi polar. have you tried breathing exercises to try calm yourself down? i do them at night to try calm down enough to sleep. hope all goes well with psych. let us know how you get on

8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I personally found jogging helps me. Or any kinda gentle exercise. Too much will obviously mean you're going to harm yourself.

Or drawing or trying to get to the bottom of what is causing you stress- if it's being indoors for too long, then I can empathise. When I have to do that I end up screaming. :mellow: or shouting or something...

Sleeping.

Just try and find your own methods to calm yourself.

9. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I have anxiety and bipolar II and I definitely have felt this way before. Most of the time actually, my mind is always racing and I'm always feeling a little on edge or agitated or something. Even when I'm exhausted (I always am cuz I can't sleep very well) I still have this energy.

I was on meds for bipolar for awhile and it definitely helped some. There are meds for anxiety that worked really well for me too, but they're only supposed to be used short term because you build up a tolerance for them and they can get addictive.

I've been trying to wrestle it without medication lately, my therapist is helping - I have a deep breathing exercise I use that sometimes help, as well as a progressive muscle relaxation exercise, and also an observational exercise where I try to focus on something other than my thoughts. It doesn't always help but sometimes it will. I think therapy would be beneficial in dealing with this feeling too though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.