nervous talking to my therapist

sadhart

SF Supporter
I have an appointment today with my therapist. She's okay, though she tends to talk a bit much which is frustrating when I'm trying to explain something that isn't easy to share.

Today, I feel like I need to tell her that I'm hurting over different things in my life. I want to share how one of these things is about my past concerning feelings of suicide. I don't think I'm suicidal right now, but I just feel really discouraged about life.

I've dealt with the mental health system long enough to know even slightly alluding to the idea of suicide can lead to being hospitalized which I am not okay with. It's bad enough struggling with these feelings and being locked up in some hellhole hospital like last time sure as shit won't help. But I want to be able to tell my therapist that I'm hurting. It's hard talking to people like my mother and the last time I called crisis line, I just hung up out of frustration.

Anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going with this so sorry if this didn't make sense. Just feel overwhelmed

The Tigress ♡

✮ You are worth it ✮
Staff Alumni
I hear you and am here to support you!Hang in there. All the best for your appointment I hope that it only goes well. Update us about how it has been going okay? You will make it. Keep your head up :3
Have a superb day.
Take care now and I hope to hear from you soon.
*hug

I’m sorry for what you are going through!
I know it’s tough but first of all, you are not alone, we are all here for you *hug
I understand your fear about talking to your therapist, it’s really hard dealing with something like this in the mental health system... Maybe you can try and say you are hurting and really struggling? Reassure your therapist you have no intention to do something? If your therapist won’t think you are in an immediate danger but will understand in how much pain you are, she will be able to try her best to help you without hospitalizing you. Try telling her how anxious you feel about it all...
I hope it will go well and you’ll be able to get help from her!
See you around!

sadhart

SF Supporter
I’m sorry for what you are going through!
I know it’s tough but first of all, you are not alone, we are all here for you *hug
I understand your fear about talking to your therapist, it’s really hard dealing with something like this in the mental health system... Maybe you can try and say you are hurting and really struggling? Reassure your therapist you have no intention to do something? If your therapist won’t think you are in an immediate danger but will understand in how much pain you are, she will be able to try her best to help you without hospitalizing you. Try telling her how anxious you feel about it all...
I hope it will go well and you’ll be able to get help from her!
See you around!
Well I guess I don't have to worry about talking as I got a message that my appointment was cancelled. Of all the times to do this shit. I have been hurting all morning just trying to keep it together at workk. I am so tired of the mental health system. My last appointment I was on time and for whatever dumbass reason, the person at the front desk never notified my therapist. I only had thirty minutes instead of an hour. I am so fed up with bullshit like this. I am hurting because I feel so worthless and inferior to everyone else. I hate myself and I hate life.

Well I guess I don't have to worry about talking as I got a message that my appointment was cancelled. Of all the times to do this shit. I have been hurting all morning just trying to keep it together at workk. I am so tired of the mental health system. My last appointment I was on time and for whatever dumbass reason, the person at the front desk never notified my therapist. I only had thirty minutes instead of an hour. I am so fed up with bullshit like this. I am hurting because I feel so worthless and inferior to everyone else. I hate myself and I hate life.
I’m so sorry! I know it’s rough as it is when meetings are canceled, especially when you need it so much. My meetings with my therapist were canceled as well so I totally understand the frustration. Will you have a meeting next week?
Please don’t hate yourself, you are worthy and deserve help and care.
All I can say is that I’m here for you if you need someone to talk to *hug

sadhart

SF Supporter
My next appointment is in wo weeks. And I guess I hate myself because I wish I didn't feel so much hurt and resentment, which is why I feel even more that way because I really needed to get some of this out.

I'm sorry your appointment was cancelled as well. And thank you for being understanding.

My next appointment is in wo weeks. And I guess I hate myself because I wish I didn't feel so much hurt and resentment, which is why I feel even more that way because I really needed to get some of this out.

I'm sorry your appointment was cancelled as well. And thank you for being understanding.
It’s okay to feel whatever it is you are feeling. Just remember you don’t deserve that hate. I know it won’t change much right now but you don’t deserve to feel this way, you deserve to be happy and to get help. Letting those thoughts and feelings out will be definitely helpful, if it wont weighs on your chest as much you might feel better. I hope your next appointment will be helpful... Maybe you can tell your therapist how hurt you are and how much you struggle because of the cancelled meeting?

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
in my experience I talked to my therapist on the first session about what's safe to talk about and told him I feared involuntary hospitalization. I ened up telling him I had suicidal ideation with no plans or timeline and it was ok. as long as your safe tell them the truth but if you're in crises please tell your therapist the truth. a little time in the hospital is better than dying. please take care of yourself and you can talk to me anytime. mike *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00