Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Butterfly, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Tomorrow, finally, after about 3 years of seeking help for my mental health problems I have got a diagnosis and treatment meeting with my psychiatrist. She has been seeking a second opinion on my case because she wasn't sure she has been treating me for the right thing (no big surprise there) after my dad rang her and gave her what for after my last dealing with her landed me in a heavily psychotic and hysterical state. I am feeling very nervous and apprehensive, because I really hope she gives me the correct diagnosis so I can finally get the correct treatment. I'm worried that once again she is going to fuck it up, and I'm worried that if she fucks it up I am going to do something stupid tomorrow afternoon.
  2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

hey, this has sure taken long to diagnose.
    will keep fingers crossed it turns out well
  3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

It's fine to be nervous and apprehensive, looking at previous encounter with psychologist - but if you look at the plus side, she's taken steps to seek a second opinion which a number of people maybe wouldn't have done had they made this kind of mistake. It takes communication - which albeit an upset parent in what you've said here - to enable her to realise that something may have been missed or not considered.

We are so quick to put a negative spin on them doing their jobs - but they are like us, human, and capable of making mistakes too. It's just more pronounced when it's us in the firing line (so to speak).
  4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Never let fear stop you from anything and never let it control your future, because you will then be wasting what you have right now.
  5. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

good luck butterfly :butterfly: