Never Been Approached

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Prof.Bruttenholm, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

I already know I'm ugly.

But people lie to me, try to tell me I'm not, especially those on here who've never seen me.

But I've been single for more than 5 years.
    I have never even been approached by a girl, even after I lost a lot fo weight and started feeling good about myself, nothing.
    I am an ugly freak.

This is technically more of a rant, but I guess it counts under relationship issues also.
  2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Have you ever approached a girl? We can be just as shy too ya know. I think it just comes down to confidence. How we appear to others. I know that generally i proably have a bit of a 'fuck off' vibe and hence don't get spoken to, but on a few occasions where i've been in a good mood, people are more drawn to me. The same goes with anyone.

Stop with the ugly freak bullshit. It's just not true.
  3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Girls never approach anyone.
  4. Prof.Bruttenholm

Now that is a load of horse shit.
    I've seen plenty approach plenty.

I am ugly.

I have approached girls and seen there reactions to how I look, they all want me to just go the hell away.
    Thats why I stopped approaching.
  5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

The only thing that's stopping you is your attitude.
  6. No_Life

No_Life Well-Known Member

not nessicerally true. i've been approached by girls a few times, its just a matter of confidence. if a shy guy is around a confident girl, she will often approach him and vice versa.

in reply to the OP, i havent seen you or a picture of you so i dont know what you look like. but the reality is that most people, especially people in this community, generally feel they are a lot less good looking then they really are. nomatter what you look like, having read your posts its obvious that your intelligent and you seem a nice person, so you need to try to stop feeling sorry for yourself (sorry, that sounds really mean, but its nearly 5am and i cant think of any other way to put it) and get out and approach other people. im sure your not as bad looking as you think you are, and there will be someone out there that will like you for your personality once you get to know them.
  7. Prof.Bruttenholm

Yeah that doesnt work either, I can be happy, confident or sociable, still never approached.
    Attitude wont cover up my Quasimodo face (that's the name of the Hunchback of Notre Dame...if anyone was wondering).
  8. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

And? I never get approached either. But guess what, if you never try, you will ensure that you won't meet anyone.

And stop being overdramatic. You are far from ugly.
  9. Prof.Bruttenholm

I have tried, I went through a special program to help boost my confidence, for months I made approaches towards girl, no success, they still looked scared, nervous or freaked out to see me and relieved when I left.

I'm ugly.

My personality doesnt count for anything if I am an unapproachably ugly.

This isnt one of those movies where even the hideous guy gets the girl, its real life, no happy endings, no credits.
  10. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Well the girls you are approaching must be very 'different' if they are having these so called reactions by you.

Just because you've tried in the past and not had luck, that you should give up altogether.

For the millioneth time, you are not ugly. And i am one to say things how they are, i wouldn't lie to you, or anyone.

I think i am ugly too but i am not going to mope about it and stop trying to be with anyone.
  11. SCUK2009

SCUK2009 Well-Known Member

Some good posts in the thread. OP, it's all in your head. I think I'm ugly too, I posted a picture on here, nobody said anything bad, therefore I must just worry about nothing. I'm guessing it's the same for you.

One thing I do know though is people don't like being around miserable people, try to be more confident. I know how it is when you think you're ugly, you get knocked back once and you think ''see, there's the proof'' and you give up. Don't worry about it, IMO.
  12. Prof.Bruttenholm

No, actually.

I'm done.
  13. SCUK2009

SCUK2009 Well-Known Member

14. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Domo has hit the nail on the head here, If all your going to do is nothing but sit back and bitch about being ugly all the time you will never get anywhere with the fairer sex.

Though If your lacking in confidence try hanging out with girls in normal social situations.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  15. Prof.Bruttenholm

16. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

ya , that isnt true. girls approach guys as much as guys approach girls nowadays. i witness this all the time. but im sure youre not ugly. i think this is just in yyour head. theres plenty of other things that make people seem unapproachable
  17. alison

alison Well-Known Member

You've been single for 5 yrs? I've been single for 23 yrs (I'm 23 yrs old).

lol, idk if that makes you feel any better. If it doesn't, ignore it. If it does, feel free to feel better at my expense! :)

I'm in a similar situation to you, except that I'm female. People tell me I'm not butt ugly, but I don't believe them. I do know that when looking at the opposite sex, confidence and warmth can really add to a person's attractiveness. Maybe try to be friends with a girl first? I have no idea what you look like, but I know my dream guy is a sweetheart and is nerdy. Awkwardness, weird glasses, quirky laughs... these things turn me on. My female friends are all the same way (and they're actually more normal and actually have relationships lol). I feel like most girls I know don't want a "bad guy", like guys so often think we want. We just want someone who is sweet and kind to us.

ehhh.. except I have no relationship experience, so feel free to disregard everything I say!
  18. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

Guys don't seem to do it nowdays either tho.
    I've never been approached :D and I'm old fashioned.. So it sucks.
    I've even asked 2 guys out and they said no. So blow to
    My courage there. Been single my whole life.
    Its all I've ever known. I'm 20.
    But I know I'd make a damn good GF so
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  19. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Yep, i've only been asked for my number once for the first time ever last Friday.

I've only ever had one partner and that only happened because we were friends first.

I've never actually been asked out on a date.

I think it's because i am ugly :later:
  20. benjetamdan

benjetamdan Member

Respect yourself and people will be drawn to you. life aint about looks. Looks are temporally but respect last forever. Its about finding peace with your inner self. Once your back in harmony with yourself you will be able to have a healty relationship.