Never been so depressed in my life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sophiee.25, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Sophiee.25

Sophiee.25 New Member

I'm new to this site. I feel lost and hopeless I've always been hard on myself but I keep making stupid choices and I don't want to live anymore I know there's people that will miss me if I do die but I have to continue living with the pain and to be honest I dont think I can cope with it this time. I feel really lost and it's unbearable. I don't want to be in my own skin and I just keep self harming myself and I feel like I deserve it because keep doing choices that I later regret. If you read this please give me some advice.
    Casmir likes this.
  2. walkerbait95

walkerbait95 SF Social Media Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hi there
    You sound like so many that come here. Feeling bad, self harm, depressed, poor coping, regret. Some of that comes with being young though, Sophiee. You must know that, yeah? Young people make bad choices. It's kind of hard to expect you to know everything you want to do in this world at a young age. But here's the thing, most everything you've done so far is able to be changed. You can change your direction in relationships, school, with parents and siblings. You can clean up, move on, get going or stop digging. It's not easy to be in that place that's between "young" and "adult" so you're trying to get your groove in the world. It's tough but you can do it.
    There are many strategies for trying to stop hurting yourself. Have you checked out the board for that specifically a little further down the splash page?
    You hang in there, ok? There's something pretty crappy about a lot of ages, honestly. This is just another hurdle to vault. You can do it though.
    Keep posting. We're all here for ya.
  3. Dawn

Dawn Forum Pro

Hi and welcome. I know how horrible regret is and I am sorry u are going through all of this. Regret is the worst, but u have so much time to do better.

Have u tried meds or therapy? They help a lot of ppl and I don't know what u would have to lose. Once u feel better about yourself it will stop this pattern and therapy really helps with that. Also, u can look into micro goals. It is just the fact that even doing little things make a difference and help u get back on track to where u want to be and feel better. Keep posting so we can support u through this.
  4. Hello Sophiee,
    Sorry to hear of the pain and the regret that you are feeling. I agree with Walkerbait, on the point that part of being people is that we make mistakes.
    Have you sought the help of a counselor or spoke with a physician about the way that you are feeling? A few additional resources that may be helpful for you: the USA National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255); the New Hope Telephone Counseling Center at 714-639-4673; or Covenant House at 1-800-999-9999.
    Please know that you have tremendous value and worth. Hang in there. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you on here.
    I would be glad to share more from my experience or some articles that may be helpful as well. Praying for you.:)
  5. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

Hi @Sophiee.25 and welcome to SF.

I hope you find some comfort here.. It’s quite an amazing community :cool:
  6. Kalicka

Kalicka Well-Known Member

I hope you hang around and get to know the people here. I can relate to making choices I later regret and struggling to find the courage to continue on in life. I have to believe that there is something worth fighting for. Continue to fight and reach out to people. I wish I had more to offer you, but don't give up.
  7. Aprilflowers7

Aprilflowers7 Well-Known Member

My old dog's name was Sophie.

There are many ways of seeking help, but maybe if you can be more specific we can try to help. Like offer suggestions for your current situation. Many situations are different for example what is the reason you are self-harming yourself? Are you being bullied?

For another example if you are depressed and don't have a lot of money you can get on disability or there are other places that offer help. If you have been denied disability, you can use a lawyer, which is how I got my money.

If you keep self-harming yourself, someone will probably find out and then you will wind up in the hospital most likely. I don't really like hospitals.

Sometimes I am hard on myself on purpose, like, when I don't read enough books or when I don't learn something new every once in awhile or help people as much as I should. I think you can be hard on yourself in certain areas, especially things that you like doing. You don't have to try to be good at everything. I am not good at math but I am good at writing. Writing is something I like doing.

I hope that helps. You can also post your specific problem on other forums/threads if you like.