Never been so desperate

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by brocky800, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brocky800

brocky800 Member

If I began to tell you all about how gambling has ruined my life, i'd be here forever, but i'm 18 and gambling has massively ruined my life, through stealing off my parents.

I got my first full time pay packet and the end of September, just as my parents started to trust me, I owed my mum money for rent and insurance. Basically I gambled all my money, my mum knew I gambled a bit of this, and I told her I was waiting for the money to come through to my bank.

However, I now have 0, nothing, zilch. She is asking where the money is and if they find out I lost it all, my dad will probably throw me out the house and they will take my car off me. I really don't know where to turn...

I don't know how to tell them without basically ruining everything i've worked for in the past 6 months. I really want to commit suicide as well, however the guilt of my parents hurt would be too much.

If I kill myself, my parents wont cope, if I tell them, I wont cope.

I'm so stuck.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I often tell myself, "Something has got to give and it ain't gonna be me." It's awful being stuck in a worry about someone finding out. Do you think they will figure it out? Would it be better to come clean with it?

HOW. HOW means open, honest, willing. It's the hard road, but it's the only road to face your own problem. There are Gambling Anonymous groups and I suggest contacting them now.

I'm an alcoholic and I'm a member of Alcoholics Anonymous and it was one of the best things I ever did.

3. Mathale

Mathale Well-Known Member

theres deffinate ways around this buddy!

to begin with, the acceptance that you might have a gambling addiction. I wont shun against gambling, but always only ever gamble what you can afford. Some spend money on luxuries and alcohol or good clothes, some can spend it gambling. but make sure your priorities are set.

You now have the big issue of owning up to your parents and being very honest. They will probably be angry at you for not telling them what youve done rather than lying to them.

You have made a mistake in life, we all do it, i know what its like to be stuck in a position where there is NO way out of it. Honesty and being open is what you need to do.

Tell them. They might react badly, but if you are remorsful and ask for help then i hope they will see better in you, and will be forgiving for what you did.

Keep in touch buddy!
  4. Zola

Zola Antiquities Friend

your problem is a severe one, but it is one that lots of people have dealt with before. First, have you heard of an organization called 'Gamblers Anonymous"? it help you with that urge to gamble that is a physical urge [not your fault] They work with you in the same way that alcoholics anonymous works with their people. i've heard that it's very effective. Try them.

i had a cousin who had this problem, and he managed to pull out and have a decent life once he got on the program. Too early for that program, my father in law [died 1972] worked hard, made good money but nevery was able to get rid of the gambling debt problem. And he was the nicest guy you could imagine!

you can treat it, but not by yourself. you need help. Ask the people at this site, they will know, particularly Robin. Don't despair, this is a workable problem. you can get your friends, family and girls back behind you again., Don't hesitate to pm me or email me [] if you need more uplift. you've caught the problem early. most people only realize they've got a problem in their thirties oir forties. you can whip it. just keep trying! With all personal concern, the best of luck,

5. Zola

Zola Antiquities Friend

DON'T kill yourself!
  6. brocky800

brocky800 Member

I tried beating this before Zola but it's ruined my life for the past 2 years, my parents have helped me before and said they would not help me again, they would take everything off me and throw me out.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

killing yourself is a gamble as well.

i have one suggestion ... and your choice is .. do it or dont do it .
    get in touch with gamblers annonymous.
    its not something to be ashamed of. get help. thats the bottom line.
    its not something you need to kill yourself over.
    in order to begin recovery .. you have to be honest with yourself. that will pave the way to being honest with EVERYONE ELSE. like it or not .. its what you have to do.
    its a process. just like everything else, you have to have a
    process .. or it wont work. you have to admit WHAT IS accept it and start your process.
    there are places and avenues to get help and heal yourself. the question is ... do you want to ? what are you willing to do to get there ????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.