Never been this lost

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by JustA, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustA

JustA New Member

I just joined, honestly I don't know where else to go.

My life wasn't always like this, I wasn't always like this. About a month and a half ago I had some serious medical issues and I ended up in a coma for a week. I should be thrilled to be alive and grateful that I don't have serious brain damage, but everyday is a struggle. Before the coma I was a pretty normal 28-year-old guy. I am entering my final year of a Master's degree program, I have an amazing 8-year-old son, and my life is good. Since the coma, I have been crippled by depression and I have a lot of memory problems. Everyday has been an overwhelming struggle and it's getting worse, not better. Every night I go to bed hoping that I won't wake up. If it wasn't for my son, I know I would have already ended it, but I know it would devastate him. He and I are super close, but I know I am a really horrible parent to him right now. I try to put on a happy face with him, but I am failing.

I don't know how to get better, but I know I can't hold on like this very much longer.

2. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF,

You seem to go through a very rough time and I hope this forum can provide you with some support and understanding. Also, you could look into some professional resources like counseling to find ways to cope until your health is fully restored. You seem to be the best parent you can be for your son under difficult circumstances and in his heart, I am sure he knows this. I hope your health will son improve, and again, welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.