Never been "wanted?"

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by HomerSimpson, May 2, 2015.

1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

"So I know this girl who wants this guy", "I know this girl who is always chasing and calling this guy".

I wonder what this feels like, because I have never had anyone "want" me, but I see it everyday with other people. Can anyone here relate? I guess it is just fate...some are meant to be with someone, while others are destined to be alone.
  2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I can relate, it bothered me for most of my life. It's only in the last few years that things have changed and I'm no longer concerned with everyone else's relationships. I know its hard, but try not to worry about it too much.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

When I was younger yes people ''wanted'' me. I was very thin,pretty face and nice. Now all that has changed, im still nice but ive lost my good looks. I remember what it feels like to be wanted, it made me feel special. I can relate to how you're feeling now. I'm very over-weight now thanks to meds :/

I can see where you are coming from, try not to let it get to you too much as it isn't majorly important.
  4. bubblybeth

bubblybeth New Member

I too feel ur pain. Iv been best friends with 3 of the loveliest girls all my life. My bestfriends. However They always had guys chase them and feel wanted etc.. They all r now married and some hav kids etc. Im still single. Iv been on dates, had an abusive long term relationship for few year too but after been at an another event with them on Friday we had a table and they wer there in there couples showing wedding photos baby scans etc and theres little old loner me. Iv been so down lately but that Friday night top the scale. Iv tried so hard for so long for someone to just love me. its to hard to live. Im so unhappy
  5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I find this to be almost always completely untrue when someone says theyve "never" been wanted. Usually, what turns out to be true is that they just didnt want nor reciprocate the attraction of the men or women who have wanted them. They desired to be wanted only by a particular type.

I don't know what your circumstance is, but you'll look up one day and realize missed opportunities, that the problem isnt with supposedly no one ever wanting you, but with your own perception of value - the value of yourself and the value of others you probably didnt notice when they wanted you.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015